𝐢. 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘬

𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬

𝘗𝘙𝘌𝘛𝘛𝘠 𝘐𝘕 𝘗𝘐𝘕𝘒

𝘗𝘙𝘌𝘛𝘛𝘠 𝘐𝘕 𝘗𝘐𝘕𝘒

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The last year of high school was looking good by now. Most of her classmates were excited and fearful about what was to come, but they were all looking forward to it. It was still the first week of school, but the students were already getting competitive. They wanted the best results, a necessity to be admitted to their desired colleges, which meant they had to work harder.

"Betty!" A cheerful voice called out. The small brunette turned around and saw her best friend approaching her with quick steps. And two cups of coffee in her shaky hands.

To prevent a disaster from happening, Betty extended both of her hands forward and grabbed one of the cups the other girl had. "Good morning." After greeting her, she carefully wrapped her arms around her friend, pulling her into a soft embrace.

There was an excited look on Inez' face, which couldn't mean anything good. "You're not going to believe what I heard this morning while I was waiting in-line at the coffee! It's absolutely scandalous!" She exclaimed, then gestured with her free hand to add even more dimension to her statement.

"Inez, I love you, you know I do, but you have the worst and the most unreliable gossip sources," Betty confessed, then pat her friend's shoulder twice. "Thank you for the coffee, I hope it's going to keep me alive for today."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Inez' question earned a low chuckle from Betty. "I swear it sounds believable this time, I'm almost a hundred percent sure it's true!"

"Come on, we'll be late for class." Betty really missed hanging out with Inez. While her friend spent her summer in Wintervale, Betty moved to New York during the break. Her godmother was living there, so she didn't have to worry about finding a place to stay in for the summer. She found a part-time job at a nice and cozy coffee shop and spent the rest of her time writing. It was her dream to study Literature and to become a well known and respected author one day. But to get there, she had to work hard to make her dream come true. She needed inspiration and New York had plenty of it. But, from time to time, her mind went back to Inez and to Wintervale, and she wished her friend could be there with her. She knew Inez would love the coffee shop, so she promised herself to bring her there one day.

The two girls were giggling as they walked in the classroom. Betty was amused by the gossip her friend overheard at the cafe and after discussing the subject on their way to class, they both agreed that it couldn't be true. Not that Betty was really preoccupied by the stories Inez heard all the time, she was actually not a fan of gossip, but she loved to see how her best friend's face lit up every time she was telling her about a new scandal in their town. It was adorable.