𝐯. 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦?

𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬

𝘉𝘌 𝘔𝘠 𝘋𝘈𝘛𝘌?

𝘉𝘌 𝘔𝘠 𝘋𝘈𝘛𝘌?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Homecoming's less than a month away and you still have nothing to wear?" Inez repeats Betty's question as they both step out of the cafe, holding the door open for her. "And you're not freaking out over this because..?"

Betty pouted, her fingertips playing with the straw of her drinks. She didn't like talking about this, it was a sensitive subject, but she knew she couldn't avoid it forever. She had to do something and find herself a dress. "I couldn't find anything I like. I still have some time to search for a dress or maybe I'll just wear something I already have."

"Hold on, do you at least have a date for the dance?" When Betty shook her head in response, Inez let out a frustrated sigh. "You should worry about your date before you worry about your dress. And how come you don't have a date yet?"

"I don't know, nobody asked me out yet." Betty shrugged. "How about you? Do you have a date?"

"I'm worrying about that already," Inez explains with a chuckle. "But I'm sure we will both have handsome dates by the end of this week. How about Antonio?  I'm sure he'd love to be your Homecoming date. Speaking of which, do you two still talk?"

At the mention of Antonio's name, Betty sighed. "We still talk. Rarely, but we do. And when we do, it's mostly about his games or the sponsorship he got. I'm not sure if you remember, but we didn't exactly have too many things in common," she pointed out. "He's a nice guy, but sometimes, people just don't fit together and metaphorically speaking, we're not even pieces of the same puzzle."

"I know that, but it's just for one night, you know? It's not like you have to get back together after Homecoming or something. Besides, he's a great dancer."

"I don't think he'd want to go to Homecoming with me anyway. You know I'm not much for dancing." Guilt started building up in her stomach after she said those words. It was a little white lie, but it was still hard for the girl to not speak the truth. She loved to dance, but she was embarrassed to do this in public. She did dance with Antonio once or twice last year, but it didn't help her overcome her fright to dance in public.

"You're kidding right?" Inez laughed. She knew her friend was a little oblivious, but this time, it was clear as the day that she was wrong. "He's obviously still super into you, Betty."

"You think so?"

"He didn't date anyone since you guys called it quits last year. And you know he's always surrounded by the cheerleaders, who throw themselves at him with every occasion they have. And it's understandable—he's extraordinarily handsome and he's the captain of the football team. His future in sports is already secure and planned out. Not to mention his body is sculpted like a Greek god's."