C H A P T E R - T W O

Steve was sitting on the counter of Family Video popping m&m's in his mouth. It's been a slow day at work for Steve. He was sulking over Eddie who's still hasn't contacted him. He tried calling Eddie himself numerous times, but every time no answer. "What's wrong with you, dingus?"Robin asked while stocking some movies. "Nothing." Steve said looking at the TV that hung above the counter which was currently playing Back to the future. "Doesn't look like nothing." Robin said, but Steve ignored her hoping she just let it go. *Ring* Steve turned his head to the sound of the bell on the door. Incoming was Dustin and Max right after him. "How many phones do you have?" Dustin said slamming his hands on the counter. "What the hell? Why?" Steve asked while hopping down. "Answer the goddamn question Steve." Max said sternly. Steve scoffed at their attitude. "3 geez." Max and Dustin looked at each other. "That'll be enough."

Once Max explained everything to Steve and Robin. Steve was visibly freaking out no matter how much he tried to hide it. "I've got something" Max said as Steve and the rest gave her all their attention. "His dealer's names Rick." Robin looked at the computer. "Think he rents movie's?" They all rushed over to the computer as Robin tried to find the right Rick. "Got him." They all ran to get into Steve's car not before Robin turned the sign to 'closed'.

When they made it to Ricks house Steve was the first out of the car and to the door. Knocking repeatedly he said "Eddie man you in there? It's Steve." No answer. He tries again with the kids help. No answer. He walks to the end of the porch sighing while the kids and Robin keep trying. He runs his fingers through his hair when he sees something out of the corner of his eye. He looks up to see a shed by the lake. "Guys?"

Steve kicked the door open and they all went inside. Steve's eyes land on a boat with tarp over it. "Someone's been here." He hears Robin say. Out of nowhere something jumps out of the tarp and pins Steve to the wall with a broken bottle pushed against his neck. He locks eyes with the one and only Eddie who's eyes widened, and he drops the bottle. "I- I'm s-" he tries to get out before Steve stops him by putting his hands on Eddie's shoulders. All Steve really wanted to do it hug Eddie, and comfort him. Letting Eddie know he was there for him, but he couldn't do with everyone's eyes on the two. "Hey it's okay, can you tell me what the hell happened?"

Once Eddie finished explaining to everyone stared at him blankly. "Shit this is bad isn't?" Eddie said with a worried face. "No no no we just need to figure this out." Steve tried to comfort Eddie, but he was just to shaken up. "Fuck why did I run away?" Eddie said with his hand over his face. His words directed to no one in particular. "Hey it's going to be okay we will find away out of this." Steve replied trying to comfort Eddie once again. "Yea man." Dustin added. "DON'T BULLSHIT ME!" Eddie raised his voice with shaky hands. "Look we're going to figure this all out you stay here and get some rest." Dustin concluded. Everyone got up and said their goodbye's while Steve stayed put. "Hey man you coming?" Dustin called from the door. "No I'm going to stay." Steve walked up to Dustin. "Uh you sure? In all honesty you met him literally yesterday." Steve looked at Dustin. "Yea I'm sure." Steve replied. They called Nancy to pick them up, and fill her in on everything since Steve was the one that drove them.

It had been a couple of hours of Eddie and Steve just talking. Eddie would be lying if he said it didn't calm him down a lot. Yes he was still on the edge about everything, but Steve helped, and that is all that mattered to Eddie. At about 11pm they decided to go to sleep. "Night Ed's." Steve said while getting comfortable. "Hey you know I'm a big boy now you don't have to stay here you can go sleep in your own bed. Bet it's better than the floor of a boat house." Eddie rambled. "No I prefer the floor of a boat house." Steve joked while turning to look at Eddie. "I'm serious Steve." Eddie looked into Steve's eyes. "I am too Edward Munson." Eddie felt his face heat up. "Ew down call me that." Steve smiled proud of himself. "Okay Edwardddddd." Steve laughed while Eddie covered Steve's mouth. "Stop!" Eddie yelled in a not so intimidatingly tone. Steve replied by licking Eddie's hand. Eddie quickly removed his hand with a sound of disgust. They looked at each other, and broke out in laughter. Uncontrolled happy tears flowed down both of their faces. After what felt like years their laughter died down, and they both eventually fell asleep in each other's arms.