C H A P T E R - T E N

Their all in the rv. Eddie back in the passenger seat next to Steve. Everyone is suited up, and they were on their way to Eddie's trailer. More specifically the gate in Eddie's trailer. No one's talking their all just thinking to themselves. Some about the plan, some about anything else, but the plan. Steve looked over to Eddie worried something bad with happen, but he washed all the bad thoughts away, and made their first stop Henry Creel's house. Ericka, Lucas, and Max all got out of the rv with their lanterns and note pads in hand.

"Okay I want to run it through one more time." Nancy says while in the rv outside Eddie's trailer. "Phase one." Nancy starts. "We meet Erick at the playground. She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready." Robin says. "Phase two." "Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her which will put him in a trance." Steve says. "Phase 3?" "Me and Eddie draw the bats away." Dustin says while Eddie puts his hand on Dustin's head. "Four." "We head into Vecna's hopefully newly bat-free lair, and... flambé." Robin sums up. "Nobody moves onto the next phase till we've all copied. Nobody deviates the plan, what matter what. Got it?" Nancy says sternly. "Got it." Everyone agreed.

"Be careful." Dustin says. "Thanks buddy. Here goes nothing." Steve says while climbing the makeshift rope. He flips, and lands on his feet, clearly proud of himself. "Wow. What does he want us to do applaud?" Robin mutters sarcastically. Steve drags the mattress under the rope. "All right. Let's go." They all climb through. Not before tossing all the weapons down.

They all walk out of Eddie's trailer. Steve stops, and turns back to Eddie and Dustin. "Hey guys listen. If things start to go south, I mean, at all you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just—" Dustin interrupts Steve. "Decoys. Don't worry. You can be the hero, Steve." Eddie agrees. "Absolutely. I mean, look at us. We are not hero's." Eddie smiles. Steve gives a nervous nod, and turns to walk away. "Hey, Steve?" Eddie steps forward. Steve turns around. "I-" Eddie sighs. "I love you too."

*Flash Back*

  "Hey Eddie?" Steve said sitting up and facing Eddie. "Yeah?" Steve looked down thanking god that it was dark so Eddie wouldn't be able to see the very visible blush that played across his face. "Uh I've been wanting to tell you something for a very long time now, and I know this is just out of the blue, but with everything going on I just want to tell you sooner than later." Steve rambled off. He took his gaze off the ground and looked Eddie in the eyes. "I- uh what I wanted to tell you is that" Steve sighed, and grabbed Eddie's hand. "I love-" *BANG* Steve and Eddie's eyes bolt to the door.

*End of Flashback*

"Fuck it." Steve says out loud, and walks up to Eddie and grabs his face gently. Steve smashes his lips against Eddie's. Eddie returns the kiss, and wraps his arms around Steve's neck. The part after a couple of seconds. "Be careful okay I mean it." Steve says while leaning his head on Eddie's. "I will, but same goes for you lover boy." Eddie laughs as he starts to let go of Steve. They look around to see everyone staring at the in shock. "Okay shows over everyone how about we start this plan." Eddie says. "Uh- yeah uh yeah okay let's go." Nancy says.

  Eddie and Dustin start getting everything they need, and start setting it up. Such as boarding up the trailer and etc. "Uh dude what the hell just happened?!" Dustin asked while Eddie was drilling in a metal sheet. "Like it's cool and everything that y'all are both guys, and stuff but you and Steve?! I would have never guessed that. Well you yeah, but Steve oh my god this is crazy." Dustin rambles. "Hey, dude I'll explain everything later, but right now we have bigger things ahead out us." Eddie said trying to get away from the subject. "Okay fine, but you better tell me after all this." Dustin says. They both back up to see how they did on the trailer. "Not bad." Eddie says. "Not bad at all." Dustin agrees. "Now for the fun part." Eddie said while smiling, and walking into the trailer.

  "Jesus Cri... it's like she was destined for an alternate dimension." Eddie said while walking to his guitar. "What do you say, Henderson?" Eddie asks while grabbing his guitar. "Are you ready for the most metal concert in the history of the world?" Eddie asks. "Is that a rhetorical question?" Dustin asks back. Eddie puts the guitar strap over his shoulder. "Let's do it."