5.

NOBODYS POV🤷‍♀️ also kind of a sus chapter so beware🫢

once they got home they ended up cooking dinner, steve was making soup while eddie helped by being a massive blanket. "here try this." Steve said as he took a small bit of the soup onto a spoon and put it in eddies mouth while smiling, "tastes good!" he said with the sweetest smile on his face, steve wanted to MELT.

eddies hands moved down to steves waist as he watched him cook, occasionally getting bored and putting a few light kisses on his neck because steve always got all flustered after that.

"eddie- i have to finish cooking, stop." Steve said quietly and completely not meaning it, feeling eddie press his body up against steves and push him into the nobs for the stove, "eddie stop, i have to make your food." he said in a quick, "nothings bothering me im cool🤷‍♀️" voice though he was flustered out of his mind.

he put the soup into two separate bowls and pushed eddie off him a small bit so that he could bring it over to the tables, then they both sat down in the chairs across from each other, eddie staring at the other but steve sighing at he mixed around the food and banged the spoon off the edge of the bowl, he had only now realised that it smelled weird but eddie had already eaten half of the bowl.

"it's really good, thanks for cooking." eddie said with a massive smile on his face, staring at steve after taking a few spoonfuls into his mouth and when steve looked up he was immediately laughing because of how much of a messy eater eddie was.

"your so weird munson." steve giggled as he grabbed a towel that was sitting on the table and wiped around eddies mouth, he didn't know how sleeping in would ever lead to this but he was glad it did.

"shit." Eddie said as he realised that the bandage covering his hand was gone, "steve i don't have anything here." he said while staring down at the massive cut on his thumb, thinking of anything he might have that could help treat it.

"what? what do you mea- oh." steve said as he looked down with the towel in his hands, "when did you loose it?!" steve asked while frantically running eddie over to the sink and putting col water straight onto the wound.

he hadn't realised how deep it was when they were in the forest and nothing that eddie touched wouldn't have infected it, " does it hurt? i know how to make a bandage but we have to get you to a hospital at least for some medication."

"steve, it's fine we can't go to the hospital, i don't.. i don't have the money anyways." eddie said, his voice getting quieter throughout the sentence as he thought steve would judge him.

"i never said that you have to pay, i just said we're gonna have to get you to the hospital." steve said, ready to make any sacrifices needed and well, he was kind of overreacting, i guess it was just his mother instincts.

"really. it's okay, your overreacting here steve, i promise." eddie said but steve wasn't going to take that as an answer, "go get me one of your old shirts that you don't care about." he said as he looked under the kitchen sink and found some more wipes.

eddie ran into his room looking completely confused, not knowing why steve needed a shirt. he saw an old grey tank top and decided that this would be fine, he came out with the top and steve had scissors, wipes, a cloth and a glass of water.

"come here, sit down and give me your hand." steve said quickly as he scooted the chair he was sitting in closet to the chair that eddie would get into. he then took the cloth and dipped it into the water then placed it over the cut on eddies hand.

it didn't hurt eddie too much but steve knew that the wipes would hurt him since they did the first time. steve took off the cloth and dried his hand slightly with the other side of the towel from earlier.

"this is gonna hurt, okay?" steve said as he took out a wipe and placed it down gently on the cut, waiting for a moment before tracing over it and getting a "shit- stop it hurts stop." in response.

"shhh i know, i know. it's gonna be alright, don't worry, your okay." steve whispered, watching guiltily as eddie threw his head back and winced loudly at the stinging sensation that the wipes produced.

"it's over now, your okay, i told you that you'd be!" steve smiled, putting down the wipe and holding eddies other hand in his, "jesus how the fuck did that make it hurt so much?!" eddie said while steve chuckled at his remark, "beats me eds." he said with a shrug.

"hold on, what did you call me?" eddie said with a slightly shocked look on his face, "eds..?" steve replied nervously. "say it again." eddie said as his face lit up, loving the name and not wanting to ever leave where he was right now.

"shut up munson, im never calling you that again!!" steve giggled with a soft blush on his cheeks, "awh, i loved it sweetheart." eddie said in a teasing manor, knowing how flustered those few words would make steve.

"eddieeee" steve whined in a very fake sounding angry tone as he hid his red face in his hands. just then eddie pulled him onto his lap and took his hands away from his face, "you know, you really shouldn't cover that pretty face of yours." eddie whispered as his hands went around steves stomach, pulling him closer.

"yeah?" steve said while wrapping his arms around eddies neck and clasping his fingers together, "yeah." eddie replied before steve leaned down slowly and kissed him, cherishing this moment because they knew that once they went back to school, jason would make their lives a living hell.

A/N: BET YOU ALL FORGOT ABIUT JASON HUH😈😈