two

amora's pov

i walked into my psych 301 class. beginning of the school year, and i already wanted it to end. i just wanted my degree so i could work as a high school counselor. i felt like teenage kids needed the most guidance because high school can put a lot of pressure on people who are so young. they enforce you to know what you want to major in, and what college you plan on attending. i do understand it's a very important subject, but can't kids just enjoy high school? they become seniors just as fast as they become freshmen.

i took a seat somewhat in the middle, but closer to the front of the lecture hall. i never wanted to sit in the front because it makes me an easy target to get called on. i took out my laptop, notebook, and pen so i could be ready for notes. i looked around the hall as students started to file in. when i looked down at the the teachers desk i noticed a man who looked like he was around my age. my eyebrows knitted together in confusion wondering if he was the professor, and how he become one at such a young age.

once majority of the students sat down a middle aged man made his way to the front of the hall. that must've been the professor because he shook hands with the young man. was he just a shadow or something? i shook my head trying to get rid of any thoughts I had. why did i care? i wasn't going to get involved with anybody this year. i needed to focus on myself, and to work on myself. all my guards were up, and i wasn't letting them down for no one.

lucas got the last of his belongings while i was at work. i preferred it that way. i didn't have to see him, and i wouldn't have to be emotional all over again. the quietness took a few days to get used to, but now it's nice being able to do things for myself. lucas didn't deserve half the shit I did for him. he became this annoying person the last few months, and it was probably because he was coming home to me after being out with his mistress.

i scribbled on the corner of my notebook as the professor was setting up his laptop.

"while i'm setting up, i'm going to allow mr.bieber here give a brief introduction." he said looking at the young man standing behind him. he sent him a brief smile before standing in the middle of the room.

"hello everyone. my name is justin bieber, and i will be an aide to dr.williams for the fall semester." he said sending everyone a pleasant smile before taking his seat. i sat straight up in my chair now as I kept my gaze on him.

he was attractive. he had honey blonde hair that was perfectly styled up. the baby blue button up clung to his biceps, but wasn't tight enough to be unprofessional. he had light eyes that i couldn't tell if they were brown or green. not to mention the color of shirt complimenting his slightly tan complexion.

amora! pull yourself together. you cannot, and will not fall for someone. keep your walls up!

i let out a quiet sigh as I returned my gaze back to my notebook. he was something i wanted but couldn't have. i barely even knew him. i was just basing it off of attractiveness. for all i know he could be a psych major to learn how to kill people and seem sane. he could be a complete asshole. he could be another lucas. these were my thoughts now. nothing but negative thoughts because of my trauma.

-after class-

i quickly grabbed my belongings, and put them into my backpack. the first class always seemed to drag because it was nothing but a syllabus. it truly was annoying because i just wanted to get to the juicy content.

everyone filed out of the classroom, but a few of us stayed behind waiting for the traffic to clear up. even though you want to get out quickly, jumping up first and joining a crowd always seemed to make it go way slower. the professor had left through a side door leaving mr.bieber collecting his belongings.

i must've been staring because mr.bieber met my gaze, and then sent me a flirty smile causing me to quickly stand up. i felt heat rise to my cheeks as i was eager to get the hell out of here.

amora, you cannot fall for him! you don't even know him! you must keep your walls up.

i close my eyes tightly as i make it out to the hallway. i don't even know why i got so flustered from him. was it because it was the first time i felt something since lucas? that screams desperation if you ask me. i honestly didn't know what had gotten into me. i couldn't deny his attractiveness, but i couldn't get myself tangled with him.

i made my way over to the library waiting for my next class to start which was in 45 minutes. if it was later on in the semester i would've done homework, but for now i was just going to watch a movie on my laptop. the library was surprisingly busy as others were sitting at tables with their laptops open and headphones in their ear. they must have the same idea as me. i started the random Lifetime suspense movie as they were my favorite. they were also so cheesy, but i couldn't get enough of it.

i glanced up from my computer, and felt my breathing hitch as i saw lucas walk in with his friends. he looked over at my direction which caused me to fake focus on my computer. i shook my head not knowing why i felt the need to stare at him. i didn't love him anymore, and i didn't miss him whatsoever. it's just a shock i guess seeing him in public. his friends probably think he's the shit for cheating on me. men praise each other for the most disgusting things ever. they have no morals.

i leaned back in my seat trying to make myself look smaller behind the laptop screen. i glanced up from my screen only to be met with mr.bieber's eyes. i felt my stomach do flips as he was making his way over to me.

holy shit he's coming to me. amora! you know what you need to do. be cold.

"is this seat taken?" mr.bieber said holding onto the chair that was across from me. i shook my head no as i kept myself slouched in my chair. i felt my hands become sweaty with him sitting across from me.

"i'm justin." he said sticking his hand out above my screen. i sat upright in my chair and reached my hand out as well.

"i'm amora"

"that's beautiful name. you don't really hear a name like that normally." he said sending me a smirk. i felt heat rise to my cheeks at his simple flirting. i looked around the library and noticed lucas shooting bullets with his eyes at justin.

no fucking way. lucas has no room to be jealous when he is the one who cheated.

"thank you. a lot of people don't know the meaning of the name." i said lowly as justin nodded his head. he was sweet. he didn't seem like the person to do what lucas did. i thought the same thing when i started dating lucas.

he will do the same thing lucas did. don't fool yourself amora.

an: i said i was going to take some time away, but i love this storyline so i decided to update. hope you guys enjoyed the update!