three

amora's pov

the first week of school was finally over, and we were halfway into the second week. homework was starting to pile up, and i had to study for my first exam that was next week. i sat quietly at my local coffee shop typing away on my computer. i couldn't do Starbucks. it was too crowded, and i quite frankly don't enjoy their coffee. plus smaller businesses need the money more than a corporate business does.

i rubbed my eyes as i felt them become irritated from looking at the bright white screen. i dug into my bag as i took out my blue light glasses. these helped me tremendously from preventing headaches. i let out a sigh as i flipped through my notebook trying to finish the study guide i made for myself.

"funny seeing you here." a familiar deep voice says snapping me from my notebook.

justin.

"it's not some rare coffee shop." i said causing him to laugh as it sounded more harsh than funny. i couldn't be with him. i just wasn't ready. i was over lucas, but i don't know when i'll be over what he did. he played me.

"do you mind?" he questioned as he pulled out the chair across from me. i silently nodded my head no as he pulled the chair out. i didn't know what to expect from him. i didn't know what his motives were.

"so what are you majoring in?" he asked trying to start a conversation. i couldn't let him in too much, but being nice was something that was wrong.

"im majoring in psychology, and i plan on working as a school counselor." i said as a bright look came onto justin's face.

"no way! i'm majoring in psychology except i want to be a teacher. maybe we can work in the same school." he said shooting me a wink. i felt heat rise to my cheeks before looking back down at my computer.

i had a feeling he was never going to leave me alone. something about him was alluring, but I couldn't tell you what it was. his soft brown eyes made him seem innocent. i knew he had to be far from innocent.

his looks alone probably made girls fall to their knees. his personality on top of that made him even more attractive. he seemed like a good student, and to some girls that makes a person even more attractive.

"so maybe we could be study partners since we're kind of majoring in the same thing?" he asked with a hopeful look in his eyes. he was really trying to get at it with me. i couldn't let him in too much thought.

"sure."

TWO WEEKS LATER

school was starting to pick up the pace, and i found myself spending my whole day either on the library or a coffee shop. justin was meeting me here almost everyday which had shocked me. it was nice having some company. lucas's major was different than mine so he didn't really study with me.

"we've been spending a lot of time together, so i think it's only fair we ask each other basic questions." justin said snapping my head out of my notebook. i set down my pencil, and waited for him to continue.

"I'll start, but of course don't answer it if you don't want to." he said kinda stating the obvious.

"are you in a relationship?"

i stiffened at that sentence. i fell frozen and he could tell by my facial expression.

"i uh just got out of a 2 year relationship." i said looking everywhere but justin's face.

"he cheated." i said barely audible. justin looked like he regretted asking.

"i'm so sorry amora. i shouldn't have asked." he said reaching his hand over and grasping onto mine.

"it's actually okay. i haven't really opened up to anybody about it. i've just been suppressing my feelings. i'm over him, but not over the situation." i said as justin's expression looked worrisome.

"i'm so sorry that happened to you. you don't deserve someone to treat you like that. it's so sad how it's the beautiful ones that it happens to. not just looks either. beautiful personality and beautiful looks." he said rubbing his thumb side to side on my hand. i felt my cheeks heat up at his little comment.

"i'm sorry to cut this short, but i need to get to my next class." he said gathering his belongs before sitting up from his seat.

"can i get your number just so it doesn't look like i'm stalking you from now on?" he asked taking his phone out of his back pocket. i let out a light laugh at his comment. i quickly typed my number into his phone before handing it back to him.

"i'll see you around amora."

an: i am so sorry for such a shitty and super late chapter. work has being kicking my ass with doubles and working on my off days. i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and see you in the next one