four

justin's pov

i watched the students pile into the lecture hall as it was 5 minutes until it started. i was teaching the lesson today since the professor wanted to go more in depth from the theory i taught yesterday.

so far he's been saying i've done excellent teaching and explaining everything. i watched the door waiting for amora's beautiful face to walk in.

i had started to fall for her when i never meant to do anything with her. something about her was just so captivating. i know what she's been through is tough, and i understand if she's not ready for anything.

i might not be ready for anything. i haven't been in a relationship for years. i know it's not rocket science, but it's hard to open up to someone when you haven't for a long time. i might not be ready just as much as amora isn't ready.

i am willing to wait for her though. i'd be the most patient just for her. behind the sadness i just know she's got to be the most amazing person ever. whenever i make her laugh over a cheesy joke i just see this glimpse in her eye like it's something she's been yearning for. i have to put my thoughts to the side so i can focus on teach this theory

amora's pov

"you got some fucking nerve asking me if i'm seeing someone! you're the one who was cheating on me." i said scoffing as i pushed past lucas.

"it's only been a few months since we broke up. you're just completely forgetting everything we've been through." lucas said grabbing my wrist to turn me to face him. i couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth right now.

"you threw away what we had when you decided to stick your dick in someone else. you have no right to be mad at me at all. you cheated. what's it to you if i am seeing justin, huh? i'm allowed to move on at whatever speed I choose." i said snatching my wrist from lucas's grasp. he ran his palm down his face as frustration ran through his expression.

"look, i know i fucked up. i regret everything i did to hurt you. that girl wasn't worth losing what we had. i just mi-"

"no. you don't get to play the victim right now. you did what you did lucas. you didn't regret it when it was happening. you regret the consequences. I guarantee if i never found out you'd still be sleeping with her in our apartment. i can't fucking look at you the same. you disgust me." i said saying the last part through gritted teeth. i released my clenched fists as i felt my nails digging into my skin.

"goodbye lucas." i said on my heels to walk down the opposite hallway.

"justin." i said as i felt my stomach crawl up my throat. how long was he standing there? oh no. he probably heard the whole thing. jeez.

"i uh was going to the bathroom. do you want me to walk you back to class?"

i felt all my nerves slowly calm down at the sight of his hazel eyes.

no amora. don't fall for him.

"if you don't mind." i said walking up to him letting him put his arm around my waist. i turned back around to look at lucas who was walking towards the opposite end of the hallway.

"this isn't my lecture hall." i said as we walked into a secluded area in the dining hall. i felt a smirk form as a light pink shade flushed justin's cheeks.

"i uh wanted to make sure you were okay before bringing you back to class." he said pulling a seat out for me to take. i set my bag down taking the seat he just pulled out for me. he quickly walked over to the opposite side of the table waiting for me to speak.

"I really appreciate it, justin. i probably would have a scattered brain right now if i went straight to class. it's just. i don't know. lucas has some nerve to get mad at me for something that isn't even happening. he thinks i'm moving on with you, and he thinks it's too fast since we broke up a few months ago. i mean that's not even happening, but it's just the nerve of him. he cheated on me. he decided to throw away everything." i said bawling my fists again.

it made me so angry just talking about it. just the nerve of lucas to accuse me of moving on too fast when he clearly moved on first and we were still dating.

"even if I did decide to move on this quickly i have the right to do it. what hope am i supposed to hold on to when he cheated? if we broke up and it was mutual then i'd understand. he completely ruined the relationship, and he ruined me in the process." i said as justin nodded his head in agreement. i looked into his hazel eyes as i felt myself lean closer to him.

justin made me feel safe. something i haven't felt in a long time. he was soft and delicate when it came to me. he was always willing to listen even if I was repeating myself. i'm falling for him, and my heart is completely scared. i don't even know his history. what if he's just like lucas? is he pretending to care to just hurt me in the end?

god, please let him be a good one.

an: hi guys!!! im back!! I took a break because I just started my new job a few months ago, and I moved into my first apartment last month. life was moving a little fast for me so I'm sorry for the delay in updates, but I'm excited to be back. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!