d & d ⚡️

it was another ordinary school day, y/n walks into the cafeteria with her best friend Nancy. they're chatting about something to do with the school paper as they walk passed the hellfire clubs table. "y/n" eddie shouts, standing upright on the table, he grins widely at her. in his opinion, y/n is the most beautiful person he'd ever seen, which adds to the enjoyment he gets from annoying her.

"what's up ed's" y/n asks shaking her head. "let's say, you me movie tonight 8pm?" eddie offers arms stretched out wide almost bowing ."pshhh as if" y/n scoffs, "you'd have to try harder next time" she winks before walking off to nancy.

"god she's prettier every day" eddie mumbles before returning back to the conversation he was in with the rest of the club.

(time skip)
————————————————

y/n's pov:
i walk back to my locker after another tiring day as i see mike and dustin run towards me down the halls. "y/n" dustin pants.

"we-we need to ask you something" mike wheezes catching his breath. "sure? what is it?" i ask, slightly concerned they ran all the way here.

"we- we need someone to help us tonight- you see lucas has to play basketball and we need another player and-" dustin rambles,
"sorry what exactly are you asking me?" i question, only slightly understanding half of what he said.

"we need you to join our committee tonight. as a part of hellfire." mike explains.

"please we have asked everyone and no one said yes-" dustin pleads giving puppy dog eyes.

"i- uh-", i stop and think. i have nothing on tonight and extra time with eddie wouldn't be the worst...

"alrighty fine i'll be there"

they both cheer jumping up and down,
"thank you y/n you're our savior" dusting grins, i roll my eyes and wave making my way back home.

i get home and begin getting ready, calling nancy while i do my makeup.
"so i'll be joining your brother tonight at hellfire" i laugh, "what?" nancy says appalled, "my brother and his friends are so weird- wait- it's not to hang out with them is it?" she giggles. "well you know- i have nothing on..."

"and eddie will be thereee" she states happily. "oh shut up!" i laugh.

(time skip)
———————————————

eddie's pov:
i pull up at the school, cars filling the parking lot ah.."for all those popular jocks and cheerleaders, how lovely!" i groan. i sure hope that dustin and mike found someone for tonight, thanks to lucas going to the bad side. this will be a fun surprise, i sigh and jump out of my van, having showed up 15 minutes early when i see a silhouette walk towards me.
—————————————————

y/n's pov:
i see eddie pull up and contemplate whether or not to approach him for a few minutes until i see him
hop out of the van. now or never i guess.

i walk up, holding my arms to my chest because i made the stupid decision of not wearing a coat with my cropped baby tee and denim shorts. cold summer nights are my least favourite.

"hi ed's" i shiver stopping in front of him. he looks me up and down surprised "now what are you doing here princess?" he asks.

"dustin henderson invited me to your dnd club thing tonight! i hope you don't mind"

"oh god.. yep of course they did this." eddie sighs. what does that mean? is that an attack at me? did what?

"excuse me what do you mean? i ask slightly offended. what was so wrong about me being here?

"no no i don't mean that in a bad way- you see they-" he stutters out just as dustin and mike interrupt "edward the great are we ready to defeat vecna!" they cheer.

i walk in trailing behind dustin and mike. eddie walks behind me and says
"what i meant to say is, i'm glad you're here doll" he winks and walks off while i stand there flustered.

this'll be an interesting night.

(time skip)

we get into the classroom, eddie having already set everything up. i try to chatter with some of the other guys but i don't really know them and most dislike the idea of a girl being in the club. just fabulous. so i take a seat between eddie and dustin, dustin chatting about his friends max and lucas, though i was zoned out the entire time.

eddie picks up on that and lays his hand on my thigh, "you okay?" he asks sincerely. i can feel heat rise to my face, "i-i'm okay, thanks. i feel like im intruding" to which dustin says "no way! we need you here" eddie grins back at me and rubs my thigh in reassurance. ohmygod this man. he continues to keep his veiny ring covered hand on my thigh. occasionally stroking his thumb while narrarating the game.

at this point in time my focus is completely shifted. i stare at his hand before i play with one of his rings. he looks down at me and smiles as i trace across them all on his hand before placing it back down on my thigh, this time my hand on top of his.

i look over at dustin and he raises his eyebrows at me, i giggle.

(time skip)
everyone is shouting as eddie reveals vecna is still alive."y/n we need you to roll the dice!!" mike pleads, "wait what- i've never even-"

"are you going to take the risk princess?" eddie asks catching my attention. i clear my throat and grab onto the dice, breathing deeply. the entire room is tense, you can't even hear anyone breathing. everything's at edge.

i roll the dice.

i close my eyes.

and then i hear screaming.

"YOU DID IT Y/N" dustin screams as everyone else cheers. "wait i- holy crap i did!!"

they continue praising my roll as i glance over at eddie. everyone's standing around the table happily. he grins at me and grips onto me and spins me around in a hug. i scream in joy.

"congrats" he whispers into my ears.
i give him a peck on the cheek and whisper back, "movie tomorrow night, 8pm, don't be late" before letting go of his hand to talk to the others. he shakes his head and grins back, his gorgeous dimples showing. "sounds like a date"