Dragoon The Dragon Lord

Merlin and Arthur begin travelling to an unknown location Merlin won't disclose.

Arthur: Can you at least tell me where we're going?

Merlin: How about another tale instead?

Arthur rolls his eyes.

Merlin: Balinor.

Arthur looks at Merlin a bit confused.

Merlin: Do you remember that name?

Merlin has a faint smile on his face.

Arthur: Balinor... Balinor.... Oh! Wasn't that the dragonlord we seeked?

Merlin nods and smiles.

Arthur: Yes I dont remember much about him, he died when we was on our way back to Camelot.

Merlin: He was my father.

Suddenly with no hesitation these words left Merlins mouth. Arthur stops and Merlin a few beats after stops also, looking back at Arthur.

Arthur: You've got to be joking.

Merlin chuckles and shakes his head.

Merlin: I only found out just before I left... Gaius told me. He told me Balinor was banished by Uther, so he fled to Ealdor. He met a woman, had a baby, then had to move on because Uther still persisted.

Arthur: Merlin I'm so sorry... You couldnt even greive out in the open. I was so foolish.

Merlin puts his hand on Arthurs shoulder.

Merlin: It is not your fault Arthur. I got to meet him, and for that I was grateful.

Arthur looks at him and Merlin smiles and the two continue walking.

Merlin: So... As you know my father was the last dragonlord... And just as the King passes down his title...

Arthur looks at Merlin with a look of realisation.

Merlin looks at him also.

Arthur: You-.. Youre-...

Merlin: I am the last dragon lord.

Arthur take a moment to process this, he really thought the limit to his surprise had been reached already. He was of course wrong.

Arthur: Merlin... Where are we going?

Merlin: I'm going to show you dragons can be good-

Arthur: No!

Merlin stops and his smile fades. He sees the fear in Arthurs eyes. Has he gone too far?

Merlin: Arthur, it will be fine.

Arthur: A dragon was once almost Camelots doom, and now you're telling me to go dine with them?!

Merlin looks at him and his eye lids drop.

Merlin: tsk. Arthur really. I thought you were brave?

Arthur: This isn't bravery Merlin, it's stupidity!

Arthur begins to turn back.

Merlin: Arthur please!... I want to show you the good in this world. Not everything youve been taught to fear is bad...

Arthur turns to look at Merlin, hes never done him wrong before. The confidence in Merlins eyes gives Arthue hope.

Arthur: If I die, I will come back to haunt you.

Arthur continues in Melrin's direction.

Merlin smiles and leads.

~~~~~~~~~~~