The Camelot Dragon

Arthur and Merlin still a little red faced are walking down the hallway with Lancelot.

Merlin passes a glance at Arthur and Arthur smiles slightly then laughs silently looking away in embarrassment. Merlin smiles and looks away also.

Arthur: So Lancelot... Who is this visitor?

Lancelot: Its.... A little hard to explain...

As Arthur and Merlin make it closer to the castle entrance they begin to hear screaming and distress from the villagers outside.

Arthur looks at Merlin and they begin to run and see what's causing havoc.

The three run out into the court yard to see Kilgharrah and Aithusa stood. Kilgharrah growling at the villagers who are screaming, and the knights who are holding up their spears.

Arthur: STAND DOWN! DO NOT ATTACK DO YOU HEAR ME!?

Merlin runs to Aithusa to calm him. He speaks in dragon tongue to reassure him nothing is wrong.

Arthur walks to Kilgharrah and bows his head slightly.

Arthur: I apologise great dragon... Theyre just afraid theyre not used to this king of thing-

Aithusa walks to Arthur and nuzzles into him.

Arthur: A-and... Im still... Struggling to believe it..

Merlin chuckles. Arthur stands on a platform that was once used for executions to talk to the people more clearly.

The knights of the round table gather also, aswell as Gaius and Gwen.

Gauis: Kilgharrah...Merlin.. What on earth is going on.

Gaius whispers to Merlin and grabs his arm for reassurance.

Everyone stands amazed and finally silent as Arthur speaks.

Arthur: I KNOW THIS MAY COME AS A SHOCK TO ALL OF YOU. THE LAST TIME YOU ALL SAW A DRAGON IT ATTACKED THIS VILLAGE WITH NO MERCY. BUT I ASSURE YOU THESE DRAGONS ARE TRUSTED-

Villager: HOW CAN YOU EXPECT US TO BELIEVE THAT? MAGIC THEN DRAGONS?! YOU ARE PUTTING US IN DANGER, THE VERY DANGER UTHER WARNES US ALL ABOUT?!

Some villagers agree, and woman are seen covering their children.

Arthur: I UNDERSTAND YOUR DISTRESS. IM LEARNING TOO. BUT I HAVE EVERY FAITH THAT THESE DRAGONS WILL PROTECT US!

Kilgharrah suddenly roars. Catching everyones attention.

Kilgharrah: I will not be judged for my actions. King Uther chained me away as the last of my kind. I did him no wrong. He trapped me because i was a creature of magic. That was my crime. Kept lonely down in the depths of a dark cave for many years. When i was finally released i saw nothing but red. Surely you humans can attempt understand the pain and suffering. That being said it is not i who will protect this kingdom. I only submit to the warlock.

Merlin gets alot of eyes suddenly on him, he forgot his dragon lord title was not publicly known as of yet.

Kilgharrah: This is Aithusa. He is young but has learned enough for me to leave him in the care of Camelot. He will protect you in return for his care.

Aithusa looks around at the people some faces still in horror and confusion.

Suddenly a young child breaks free of her mothers grip. She curiously walks towards the white dragon.

The mother hesitates and follows slowly behind.

The child comes face to face with the dragon. Aithusa looks the child up and down, sniffs then gently nuzzles her hand. The child giggles and the crowd watch in awe.