dear diary

27/07/21
dear diary,
yesterday nick heard somebody talk on the radio. it's been months since we heard someone talk on the radio. it just gave us all hope that our friends are still alive somehow. tomorrow we are going out to look for them. also clay got me a new diary since the current one is almost full. anyways i'll update about tomorrow. :)

"what are you writing about?" clay asks me laying down next to me. 
"just about the radio and my new diary." i say as i lie down.

"goodmorning beautiful." he mumbles and i can hear his morning voice. he kissed my forehead.
"goodmorning to you too." i reply before getting out of bed.

i put on some black leggings and another dark colored t-shirt and go downstairs.

when i walk into the kitchen i see patches sitting on the kitchen counter. she meows as i pick her up. "goodmorning sweetie." i say refilling her food and water bowl. i walk back into the kitchen and start making some breakfast. when i feel someone hug me from behind.

"you smell like flowers." clay whispers.
"you are such a sap." i answer.

i hear footsteps coming down the stairs. clay let's go of me and sits down on a barstool at the kitchen counter.
"hey guys. i'm gonna check the crops real quick." nick says running down the stairs.
when nick is out the door clay starts talking again. "you look so pretty in this lighting." he says softly.
"shut up."

nick opens the door. "everything is good. the strawberries look like they can be picked in a few days. i'm just gonna take a shower real quick and then i'll be ready to go." nick says before going upstairs.
"what about breakfast?" i yell.
"we will eat it on the way." he yells back.
"go get ready." i tell clay
"if you insist." clay replies before going upstairs.

when we get to the old neighborhood it's really quiet. there are barely any dead people walking around. "which house do we check first?" i ask pulling out my knife.
"cara's house is the closest." clay answers.
"then we'll go to cara's house first." nick replies.

we get to cara's house and clear it from all dead people. we check the first floor, nothing. then the second floor, nothing. i sigh. "hey you know she probably just left in a hurry. i am sure alex left us some kind of clue." clay comforts me and i nod.

we check the first floor of alex's house, nothing. "come on, let's check the bedroom." i check his desk and his closet but find nothing. he probably took some clothes because there aren't many left.

"guys i found something!" nicks yells.
i hear clay whisper: "dude shut up you're too loud."
i walk towards nick and see his eyes sparkle with excitement, he is holding a piece of paper in his hands. he hands me it.

to anyone who may find this. i'm traveling in a truck with a girl i met in law school, laura. her dad is a doctor. we will drive around helping those in need. to anyone who needs help, we will probably be close to this neighborhood. to my friends, i hope we can meet again one day. - alex (14/04/21)

i flip the paper around and read the back.

update: to my friends, this will be the last time i come here. cara, angela, hannah, nick and clay i tried going to your houses to find something that would lead me to where you are. none of you left a letter, like i did. i just want to say that i'm safe me, laura and her dad are going away from here. no one is here anymore. and still i really do hope we'll meet again one day. - alex (07/06/21)

"he was here on month ago!" i exclaim excitedly. "he could still be alive."
"wait." nick whispers looking up at the ceiling. i look up at the ceiling and i see something small carved into it.

at sanctuary

"what the fuck does at sanctuary mean." nick says squinting at the ceiling.
"is he at a church or some shit?" clay suggested.
"there is a church nearby. i doubt he's there but we could still check." nick offers.
"we have nothing to lose." clay answers. "let's just check it out really quick."

when walking to the church we only see two dead people. while walking to the church i get the weird feeling. "am i the only one who feels like we're being watched right now?" i asked.
"yeah, you're probably just confused because you're feeling a lot of emotions because of alex's letter." clay lies. i can see he's lying because he scratched his neck, he always does that when he lies.

A/N: i wrote this whole chapter and then accidentally deleted it. so i rushed rewriting it because i was so sad 💀. this is really bad but if i ever feel like it i'll rewrite this better.