Intro

DISCLAIMER: I did NOT write this intro, and in NO way take credit for it.  I simply edited it and added some things.  This is the beginning of the first Descendants movie, made by Disney.  I only edited it for the purposes of fitting it to the story I'm telling.  For the original, or to somewhat listen as you read along, use the video above, which is from said movie.  Thank you. :)

Hecate's POV, Intro:

Once upon a time, long, long ago... well, more like 20 years ago... Belle married her Beast in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends... Big cake. Yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the kingdoms and got himself elected "King of the United States of Auradon". He rounded up all the villains and sidekicks... basically all the really interesting people... and he booted them off to the Isle of the Lost with a magical barrier to keep them there. This is my hood. No magic. No wi-fi. No way out. Or so I thought. Hang on, you're about to meet us. But first this happened...

Eden POV, Intro:

"Sleeve... Head. Ah-ha!"  The tailor mumbles instructions and measurements as she fits Alex and I for gowns.

I hear the door open.  My parents walk in.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned queens next month? You're just babies!" My dad exclaims.

"They're turning 17, dear," my mom reminds him.

"Hey, dad-" I try to speak but my dad beging talking again.

"17? That's far too young to be crowned queen. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least... 42," dad jokes, smiling at me and my sister.

"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28." Mom looks at him.

"Ah, it was either you or a teapot," my mom glares at him.  My sister and I share a laugh. "Kidding."

"Mom, dad..."

The tailor clicks her tounge as I try to step towards my parents.  Alex is looking uneasy.  I had spoken to her about this matter earlier.  She hadn't been ecstatic at my proposal, but said she supported whatever decision I made. 

"I've chosen my first official proclamation.  I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon," I speak, trying to sound confident.  In truth, I have no clue how my parents are going to react.  I look out towards the island.  "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned."

There's an awkward silence as my parents stand agape, staring at me and stealing a few small glances at Alex, who has a straight face on, trying to look unaffected.

"The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" my dad starts, raising his voice. 

I clear my throat and continue, "We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most.  I've already chosen them."

"Have you?" dad says, steadying his voice.  

"I gave you a second chance," my mother says.

"...And how does your sister feel about this proposal?" dad asks.

I open my mouth, but Alex cuts in.

"I trust Eden's judgement.  If she feels this is right," she takes a deep breath, "then I support her whole-heartedly."

I smile.

"Who are their parents?" my mom asks.

"Evil Queen," I start, "Dr. Facilier," my parents nod, looking slightly uneasy. "Hades... and Maleficent."

Shocked faces from all around.  The tailor along with two guards scurry out of the room just at the name, leaving my family alone in the room.  Alex cringes.  I had run a few ideas by her, and Maleficent was one she had hoped I wouldn't choose.  She wasn't crazy about Hades either, but had been far more shocked when I brought up Maleficent, who is largely considered the most powerful villain of all time.

My dad explodes with shock. "Maleficent?! She is the worst villain in the land!"

"Dad, just hear her out here!" Alex raises her voice.

"I won't hear of it!  They are guilty of unspeakable crimes."

"Dad, their children are innocent." I'm almost crying at this point.  Alex walks over and places and hand on my shoulder.  "Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?"

There's a pause. "Dad?" Another pause.

"I suppose their children are innocent," he sighs.  I smile wide, sharing and glance with Alex.

"Well, well done," my mom softly congratulates me before turning to her husband. "Shall we?"

The two of them leave and I breathe a sigh of relief.  I head over to the window, where I have a perfect view of the Isle.  Alex trails behinds me, and leans on the window.

"Well, good job.  I honestly didn't think you would be able to convince pops."

"Thanks..."

There's a comfortable silence between the two of us for a moment.  Then Alex stands up.

"Welp, I'm gonna go take this dress off.  I can't breathe-" she chuckles, heading towards her room.

"Bye..." I mumble, still lost in thought.  How is this gonna turn out?

Alex POV:

I close the door to my room and immediately unzip the back of the dress.  I sigh.  That was stressful.  I've never seen dad get so mad at Eden.  But, she pulled it off.

I take off the many layers I had on under my dress and throw on a training outfit.  I step over to the mirror and start brushing out my hair, clipping back my bangs.

Deep in my chest, I still feel a bit anxious.  Out of all the names she had run by me when deciding: Jafar, Cruella De Vil, Ursula, Captain Hook, and many others, I was really hoping she wouldn't choose Hades and Maleficent.  Especially Maleficent.  There's definitely a bit of a stigma around her, considering her magic and the fact she can turn into a DRAGON.  

I grab my sword off the wall, and head over to my brother's room, where I find him playing video games.

"Hey, Ben."

He barely glances at me. "Yeah?"

"Do you want to do some training?  Fitting ended early and I'm free for the rest of the day."

"Hell yeah!" he gets excited.  "I'm almost at a checkpoint here and then I'll get changed."

"Alright.  I'll meet you down there."

----------------

Word Count: 1089

So, in this chapter, they're in the Beast's Castle.  However, they have dorms.  When this chapter occurs, they're on a long weekend, which they spend at the castle, especially since coronation is soon.

Also don't ask why both of them are being queens, they decided to rule together because at this point, neither of them are dating.  Also they don't know who's older so don't talk about birth right.  It's a fictional story, give me a break.

- Rin