The Tour

Melanie's POV:

The two princesses lead us past the arch, towards a large statue.

"This," says Princess Eden, "is a statue of the founder and current King of the United States of Auradon, my father.  You may know him as the "Beast"."

I nod, uninterested. I don't get why she felt the need to show us this.

"Look at this!" she says.  She claps twice and the statue transforms from human to a furry beast.

Her sister chuckles. "She insists on showing this to everyone."

"I do not." She hits her sister's shoulder.

Princess Alexandria smirks, reaching over to mess with her twin's hair.

"Alex!" Princess Eden exclaims, swatting at her and fixing the tousled hair.

While this encounter takes place, the four of us stand agape at the statue.  Magic.  Real magic.  Something we could only dream of seeing.

"I think you broke them," Princess Alexandria laughs.

"Oh, I'm sorry!  You've never seen magic, have you?  Well, this is one of the few examples there are.  Magic has been outlawed.  You need a permit to use it.  Most people don't use it, and even if they do, it's minor magic.  Statues like this are a rare sight, but they exist..."  The girl rambles on, explaining the use policies and permits.

"Eden!" she looks at her sister, shocked. "You're confusing them even more!"

Princess Eden stops and smiles apologetically at us.

"Let's continue with the tour, then."

Eden's POV

None of the new students have spoken a word since their names.  I know meeting new people can be scary, but it's getting awkward trying to keep the tour going with only me talking and Alex throwing in comments.

After walking around the school for a while, I decide that it's enough for the day.  I don't want to overload them, and dinner is soon.  I decide it's time to show them the dorms.

We walk into the dormitory.  The student dorms is a large, square building.  It towers at five stories tall, with corner towers at six for extra storage.  In the middle, there is a large outdoor courtyard.  60 two-person dorms line each hallway.  The four towers, one at each corner, hold commons, stairs and elevators.  In the middle of each hallways, there is another elevator.

"Aaaand here's your rooms!  Cecil, Evan, you're going to be here.  Your keycards are on the table.  Any bags you have are by the beds."  I open the door and backon them inside.  I then walk across to the other door.  "Melanie, Hecate, this is yours.  Same thing I said to the boys."  

They walk in.  We wait in the hallway as they look around.

"Eden."

"Hm?"

"Dinner's in 30 minutes, we gotta wrap this up.  I'm not having tacos in this fancy dress, I'm gonna look insane."

"Just give them a minute."  

"Can I go get changed?  Our dorm is literally right there."

I sigh.

"I suppose, just don't take long.  We'll be accompanying them to dining hall."