Arriving At Auradon

Melanie's POV:

Cecil grabs a jar off of a shelf in the limo.  It is filled with an obnoxiously sweet-smelling food, which he claims aresoooo good.  They have the label "Chocolate".

Evan is enjoying white, fluffy portions that have the label "Marshmallows".

I haven't touched anything yet, suspicious of any food coming from Auradon.

The other girl, Hecate, isplaying with the wrapper of something she had found in a jar.  It isa round, colorful piece attached to a stick.  The container reads "Lollipops".

Cecil and Evan shove as many individually-wrapped pieces into their pockets as they can.  Hecate takes a small handful of lollipops, along with a few smaller pieces called "Bubble Gum".

"You two, get ahold of yourselves," I scold. "You're in Auradon now, stealing is a crime.  I don't want either of you getting killed on my watch, or I'll torment your souls for the rest of eternity."

"I doubt they'll notice with how much they have," Cecil retorts.

"Yeah, you think they keep an exact count?" Evan scoffs.

"We don't know what they do, so just-" I sigh- "just be careful, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am," they reply sarcastically.

These two are going to be the death of me.

I steal a glance at Hecate, who looks amused by our conversation.  She really gets under my skin.  She seems so stuck-up.  She won't even talk to us.  I've never seen her around, and being the daughter of someone with so much status an get to peoples' heads.  And now she's eavesdropping on us?  I mean, the limo is a small space, but still-

The limo pulls up to a gate.  The driver opens his window and begins talking to someone in a booth by the gate.  The gate opens and the driver continues through.  The music I had started hearing becomes louder as we approach the largest building I have ever seen- Auradon Prep.  A band, a crowd of teenagers, and a few older people stand outside the large arch at the front.

The limo pulls up to the people and stops.  The driver opens the limo door and we all climb out.

Cecil is the first out, with Evan right behind him, hitting him on the shoulder for a joke he made.  I follow, rolling my eyes at the two of them.  Hecate follows not too far behind, standing a few feet away from me.  Her demeanor has changed from in the car.  She has a forced look of indifference on her face.  It looks kind of stupid though, because of that lollipop, or whatever-

A lady in blue steps forward.  

"Welcome to Auradon!"

Hecate's POV:

The car comes to a full stop.  The door opens and the other three get out.  I take a deep breath and hop out as well, trying to put on a face, not showing fear.  Fear is a weakness.  

I am weak. 

No!  

The stick of the lollipop hangs from my mouth, which I hope at least kind of looks like how tough people look with cigarettes.

A short lady in a blue outfit steps forward, welcoming us to Auradon Prep, and yada, yada...

I look around... Where would the magic wand be?

Two girls around my age, followed by a slightly younger boy step forward, next to... whoever the lady is, I wasn't paying attention.

"As the headmistress said, I am Princess Eden, and this is my sister, Princess-"

"-Alexandria," the other girl, Princess Alexandria, or whatever, interjects.

"And this is my younger brother Prince Ben."  The first girl, Princess Eden, motions to the boy, who smiles and nods.  "Would you like to introduce yourselves?"

The boy in the middle of the three Isle Kids speaks up. 

"Evan, Evan Grimhilde."  He winks at the three siblings, who seem pretty unbothered, if a bit confused.

"Cecil Facilier," the other boy chimes in.

"Melanie," the girl follows.

Everyone looks at me.

"Hecate,"  I say, nodding.

Princess Eden comes and shakes everyones hands, elbowing her sister to follow.  Prince Ben trails behind, mimicking his sisters.

"It is so nice to meet you," Princess Eden says sweetly.  "My sister and I will show you around campus.  If you ever need anything, feel free to tell one of us."

She turns and speaks to her brother, who waves to everyone and leaves with the rest of the crowd.  Princess Alexandria looks mildly annoyed, like her sister signed her up for something she didn't want to do.

Alex's POV:

I assess the teens.  Evan, although seeming a bit flirty, seems to be the least of a threat.  Cecil seems very sly, someone who may not be dangerous in theory, but in practice could pose a threat.  Melanie, if she used her powers, could very well be dangerous.  The thing is, she's out of practice.  She's never used her powers, and chances are she wouldn't know how to.  Hecate is hard to figure out.  She's powerful, no doubt, but she's hard to assess.  She's very closed off, more so than the others.  Her eyes are cold and calculating.  As of now, she's top on my watch list.

Eden says that she and I are going to tour the other students around.  I was not aware of this.  I'd planned to go train with Ben.  However, I'm not too upset as now I'm here to protect my sister, just in case.

------------------------------

Word Count: 911

Again, it's just about midnight and I'm tired.  I planned on finishing this chapter to a fuller extent, but I have to wake up early and my brain hurts.  I'll try to finish this tomorrow, but I have a meeting at noon and I don't knwo when I'm getting home.  See ya!

Goodnight.

- Rin