03. 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥?

CHAPTER THREE

― NEW FRIEND?

I WAS WAITING for tracy until I felt someone put a hand on my shoulder. Immediately take the hand in mine and twist it until I realize who it was, I immediately let go. "Omg sorry Mason" I say before asking if hes okay, he holds onto his wrist before speaking "yes, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out with me and my friends?" I look at Tracy who's with Noel paying for their lunch, "Um sure, let me just tell them that I'm going to hang out with you" he nods before I walked over to Noel and Tracy.

"Oh hey maggie" Noel says with a smile, "hey, uh so I'm going to hang out with Mason for lunch. If that's alright with you" I say to tracy. She nods before paying the lady the right amount. I walked back to Mason and we headed off to his friends hang out spot. When I got there I felt kind of awkward since the only person I knew was Mason. And I didnt really even him known him that well either way. "Hey I'm Kira." I looked up to see a girl with a cigarette in her hand. "Maggie" I said with a smile, she sat next to me asking why I'm here. "Oh well Mason asked if I wanted to hang out with him and his friend...and yea" I said sighing and leaning my back on the wall. She laughs "well Mason's can be an ass sometime" I shrug, she motions the cigarette to me, take it before putting it in my mouth and handing it back to her. I blow the smoke out and lean my head back. We were talking for awhile until she said that we should go find her friend Ev. I nodded and we started walking away walking towards an empty classroom kids would hang out in.

"Kira! Hey, who's this?" One of Kira's friend said before touching my hair, she seemed really high. "Hey Gewn this is Maggie" I mumble a high before they both walk away into a corner. I stand there awkwardly, "I'm Evie," a girl said while walking up to me with a flirty smile, "what's your name?"

"Maggie" I said with a short smile, she puts her arm around my shoulder and walked. "Hey guys this is Maggie" she says before sniffing cocaine up her nose. She handed me a cigarette already lit.

It was maybe 12 minutes later I was really high and having a great time until I was being dragged, "hey! Hey! Let me go" I was super high to even fight back. The person turned me around to face them, it was mason. "Dude what is your problem?" I mutter pulling my arm away from him. "What is my problem? What's your problem! You left without even telling me!" He said yelling at me. "Oh I love it how your my dad! You have to right to tell me what to do."

He shakes his head "We're leaving." I rolled my eyes "who's we? You can leave I dont fucking care." I crossed my arms and started walking back, Mason was going to pull me again until Evie came up and put her arm around me "what's the problem?" She said while putting her other arm that wasn't around me on her hip. "Nothing-" he said while swallowing, "nothing? You were literally trying to drag my ass out." He looked nervous, and a bit sweaty, it might be to do to the room temperature but whatever, then it hit me, Evie makes him nervous. "Well why dont both of you stay?" He shakes his head "I have to take her home so" he takes my wrist and drags me out. I waved bye to Evie before stepping out the door.

"What is your problem Maggie?!" I was super annoyed on how we were still on the subject. "What do you mean? I was having fun and making new friends." I shrugged still a bit high. He shakes his head "I dont want you hanging around those people." I stopped walking and made an annoyed mixed with anger face expression, " again! Your not my dad! You cant tell me what to do! And your a fucking hypocrite!" I yelled before walking again, "how am I a hypocrite?" I rolled my eyes. "Your crush on Evie?"

"What's that have to do with anything?" I shake my head before running towards tracy and Noel seeing as they were waiting for us at the front gate.

The next day I was walking up to the Freeland house see if tracy would like to go to the beach. I knocked to see her mom, Mel. "Hey Mel" I said with a joyful smile. "Hey sweet heart come in , tracy is in her room" I say thank you before walking towards her room. I knocked on the door and heard a faint come in, I walked in to see tracy on her bed looking through a magazine. "Oh hey maggie" she saying closing the magazine and sitting up patting on the empty space on her bed singling me to sit down. "hey I was wondering if you'd like to go to the beach with me?" I questioned sitting on her bed. She nodded "yea let me ask my mom" she said getting up and running to her mom. She walked back in looking a little but bummed "she said yes, but mason has to come." I sighed kinda upset that he has to come but I shrug it off as she started getting dress. We were waiting outside as Mason and his friend were getting their surfing gear. Tracy called Noel since I didnt have her number and asked if she wanted to go. She said no because she was going to a barbecue at a family members house.

Once we got there I placed the umbrella in the sand with rocks on the bottom so it doesn't fly away. Me and tracy were laying out while mason and his friend were surfing. "Tracy wanna get in the water?" She thought for a second before nodding, we took off our shirts and shorts laying them out before getting in.

I was building a sand castle with Erik, Mason's friend, we were talking here and there, when I heard someone called my name. It was Kira, she was with her girlfriend and her little brother. "Hey guys" she said lifting up her sun glasses "hey kira I said getting up and hugging her and sitting back down working on the castle. After awhile me and Erik were finished with the castle I saw tracy and Kira's, which I learned that her names Cece, girlfriend playing in the water with Mason and Kira talking.

I gotten up to get a water bottle and saw that Kiras little brother was playing alone, I walked over to him and asked if I could play with him, he hesitated before nodding. "I'm Maggie what's your name" I said in a calm relaxed tone. "Oliver" he mumbled playing with his small truck. "Well oliver what do you wanna do?" He shrugged, I thought for a moment, "wanna get some icecream?" I said knowing that there is and icecream shop near by. He nodded, I gotten up to go get my wallet before telling people I'm going to get icecream and if they wanted any. I asked kira if her brother could come and said yes. Mason ended up coming with me seeing as I wont be able to carry with all.

We were walking in silence with Oliver between us. "Hey I'm sorry" mason mummers "for you know about yesterday.." he continues. "Its okay, I shouldn't of been getting hig-" I stopped my self before looking down at oliver, "in the middle of the day. Especially in school." I shrug, we walked up to the counter said everyone's order. Once I payed I gave Oliver's his and took 3 while mason took the other 3. We walked back and gave everyone their icecreams.

It was like an hour later when Tracy said we should be heading home. When we were walking you could tell tracy was really tired, so once we gotten to her house I put down the stuff on the lawn infront before taking her to her room and covering her with the blankets.

I walked back out to see Mason in the kitchen drinking a glass of water, I mumbled a good night before walking out and heading home. I took a shower and went to bed.

AUTHORS NOTE !

Hey guys so it took me really long because before I wrote 3673 words but it didnt save and it got me pissed off and yea. Also I realize I write the word 'before' a lot srry abt that. And one more thing idk how I feel how this is starting like idk I read this other fanfic abt him and I'd say it's better than mine -emotionalblender  AND THANK YOU FOR 200 READS!

Anyways that's all!

WORD COUNT : 1525

7/24/22