Prologue

Y/N's POV:

I was together with Mal, Evie and Uma near the enchanted lake. We were having a girls day for once, while the boys were doing ‘Manly stuff’, which I described as ‘Things they do to impress girls, but it never works’. I looked at the water of the lake. It was wonderful and the sunlight was shining over it. “So, Y/N?”, I heard Mal's voice. I turned towards her, waiting for her to continue. “Do you ever wonder who your mom is?”, she asked and I quickly looked away. This question... “I... I... I don't know”, I stuttered, feeling uncomfortable talking about my mother.

I have never known who my mother was, since she left me and dad when I was just a baby. I lived with my father in the forests for years and he raised me to become the werewolf I was, but when I became 14 years old he abandoned me in near a city on the Isle and that was where I met Carlos some weeks later on, then I met Evie and then befriended Mal and Jay.

“We all figured out who our other parent is”, Uma continued. “I know, but I just can't find her”, I said. “M, Um, leave Y/N alone... She clearly doesn't want to talk about this and you girls need to accept that”, Evie came between us three and I looked at her gratefully and she smiled back.

——

Not long after that Carlos, Jay, Harry and Gil joined us and together we sat close to the Enchanted Lake. Mal got cuddled by Harry, her boyfriend since a month, Uma and Gil, our second couple, were talking about Pirate things, Evie and Jay were talking about the summer vacation and I was silently looking at my reflection in the water. My Y/E/C* eyes stared right into my soul, when I asked myself the one question I hated the most: “Who am I?”. Then Carlos came next to me and he tapped me on my shoulder and I looked at him. “Are you ok?”, he asked gently and I shrugged. “Y/N, I am your best friend... You know you can tell me everything”, Carlos said, quietly that it seemed like a whisper and I just nodded.

——

That night the team and I went to the Isle on the motorcycles (Uma sat with Mal, Harry with Carlos, Gil with Jay and I with Evie) back to the Isle and we went to the hideout to sleep, since that was our only home. Mal and Harry laid on the couch, Uma and Gil slept on the table, Evie, Carlos and Jay slept on the three chairs we had stolen and I needed to sleep on the floor. Carlos wanted to give his chair to me, but I didn't want him to. I was used to sleeping on the ground anyways. Before I went to sleep, I walked to the broken window and stared at the moon. The moon always calmed me down and it's light was beautiful. Then I saw a shooting star and I realized I could make a wish, so I took a deep breath and wished: “I wish I could meet my mother”. And then I laid on the carpet like a dog and fell asleep.

*= Your eye color

To be continued...