1. Maria's Orphanage

"UUUUURRRRGGHHHH! Please, stop!" shouted a small, 6-year-old child, who came up with a very ingenious idea to steal toys from the other children while they went out to play outside.

"Kick him, guys! Show him what it means to steal!"

"Now you know what you get after you try to steal!"

"Hehe, boss. Look at him!"

However, the one they have referred to as their formal leader didn't answer, only gave a quick approving glance with raised eyebrows, as if giving the green light to a further beating of an "unstable element."

'Why do I even bother being a child gang boss in this orphanage?'

Yes, the child with silver-white hair sitting by the window with a glass of cold water and an indifferent expression was Gin. But moreover, Gin is not a native to the world of DanMachi.

At first, Gin was quite surprised at what world he got reincarnated in. Most fellow reincarnators usually end up being Uchiha or a Naruto Uzumaki. Sometimes, being a brother of Luffy or yet another intern at one of the Redhair's or Whitebeard's ships. The most ridiculous one was where an MC graduated with a perfect GPA from Beast Pirates Pirate Academy in Wano, and his amazing graduation project was noticed and promoted by Lord Kaido himself.

However, everything changed 7 years ago when he died after being run over by a subway train in his hometown and was reincarnated as a bastard child of some average merchant from the far east traveling through Orario. His mother was a whore who was captured as a teenager by the Ishtar Familia and tried to run away after learning of her pregnancy.

She had a few incredibly kind people from the Ishtar Familia help her hide her tracks and give birth to her child in relative safety. However, as it usually happens, she was still captured in the end and returned to the Pleasure District. Needless to say, severe punishment was executed on her by Ishtar's new rising star - Phryne Jamil.

However, Gin knew none of that. All he was able to capture from the few moments of clarity when he saw his mother staying with him at some small gloomy apartment right after his birth were his name - Gin, the city he was in - Orario, and her facial features - a mixture of silver and gray hair along with a quite impressive, plump, chest.

Another optimistic starting point was that his mother was clearly under enormous stress, and the whole apartment was full of different types of trash. Apparently, giving birth by herself in that cramped, tiny bedroom was not a good thing for her mental health.

The sounds of yelling and fighting coming from the rooms around him were also an excellent addition to the overall atmosphere. One time, someone even tried to break into the apartment through the front door, only to back off after his mother started yelling as if someone was murdering her.

Jokes aside, the best thing that his mother decided to do was to put him in a basket and bring him to Maria's orphanage sometime after his birth. A small, less than a year-old child with the name tag "Gin" wasn't even able to say a single word, but his life in the city of adventurers already delivered him quite a journey.

Subsequent years have gone by quite fast. As an adult who was able to keep all his memories intact, he was able to easily boss around the kids in the orphanage, even those who were older than him, which greatly surprised the matron.

He also knew better than anyone else what kind of city Orario was and that he needed to become an adventurer and join a familia.

When Mother Maria learned of this, she persuaded him to get a regular job - maybe even a job at the Guild because she didn't want any more of the children at the orphanage to pursue such a dangerous profession. Unfortunately, none of the children who joined familias have survived. Gin promised her that he would think about becoming a Guild employee.