Chapter 02: Discovering the powers

When Andrew woke up, he had a severe headache. With a groan, he raised his hand to block the sunlight that had come through the window, making his eyes blink.

He let out a sigh and headed to his closet to change his clothes and was a little disconcerted that he was still wearing yesterday's uniform. He should probably take a shower if he probably hadn't taken one last night and slept in his uniform.

Grabbing his towel, bath stuff, and a clean set of uniforms, he headed to the communal shower on his floor and was pleased to see that no one else was awake and using the bathroom, which meant he had the whole place to himself. For the moment anyway. Showering quickly, he could see that he was more muscular than before, having the six pack. He dressed and got ready for the day before returning to his dorm, where he found Miles still sleeping. Putting his towel, bath stuff and dirty clothes in their respective places, he walked over and knelt on the bottom bunk.

"Hey, Miles." He said, shaking his friend's shoulder. "Miles, breakfast."

"Huh?" Miles looked up in a daze. "Oh, Andrew. Uh, yeah, I can totally use some breakfast." He muttered before his head snapped back and he started snoring.

Rolling his eyes with a sigh, Andrew decided to let his friend continue sleeping. He could get him some fruit or something later.

When he arrived at the cafeteria, he saw that there were only a few other students who were awake like him. But then again, it was only twenty minutes after the cafeteria had opened for the morning. Grabbing scrambled eggs, sausage, steamed potatoes and herbs for his breakfast, he added an apple to go with it along with orange juice. Finding a place to eat breakfast in an empty cafeteria was not a problem as the vast majority of the tables were empty.

Walking over to an equally empty table, he sat down and began to swallow. Pulling out his freshly charged phone that he had plugged in before taking a shower, he checked his emails and texts. As usual, his mother had left a text saying good night. Texting back that he was exhausted from studying last night and was sorry he missed her message, Andrew frowned at the pious lie he had told. He then put his phone back in his pocket and returned to his meal.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Asked someone in front of him.

With his spoon still in his mouth, Andrew looked up to see Gwanda watching him. He was about to open his mouth to answer, but quickly remembered that his mouth was full. So instead, he simply nodded and gestured to the chair in front of him.

"Thank you." She chuckled as she took the offered seat.

Removing the spoon from his mouth and chewing, he swallowed before speaking, clearing his throat a bit.

"Hi, Gwanda." He said in an apologetic greeting.

She blinked before nodding.

"Hi, Andrew." She said.

Andrew was a little confused by the brief moment when she looked at him blankly as if she was a little taken aback, but he ultimately didn't care.

She looked down at her food before smirking at him.

"Aren't you going to make another plan with your food today?" She asked with amusement.

Andrew blinked before raising his hand to shyly rub the back of his neck.

"Uh, no. No, not today, sorry if I got your hopes up or anything." He answered.

"That's cool." She said with a wave of her hand. "Although I'm a little curious about what kind of plan you made yesterday. Were you planning on doing a building or something?"