Chapter 06: The others Spiders

"Oh, that's perfect..." Said Jeanne.

"Don't say anything about it." Demanded Isabelle.

"Oh, come on, Isabelle. This is the first girl Andrew has brought home that I've liked. You can't say you don't agree, I know you hated that stuck-up redheaded bitch as much as I did. If not more." Retorted Jeanne.

"You better not make a scene." Asked Isabelle.

"But nah, don't worry about it." Said Jeanne before marking a pause. "All right... I'll start breakfast."

Hearing his mother and grandmother speak, Andrew opened his eyes as he let out a groan. First, he saw that his mother was standing over him, arms crossed with a smirk plastered on her face and Onyx tilting her head with what appeared to be a curious look. Secondly, he felt a weight come down on him. Looking down, he found blonde hair obscuring his vision.

...

Gwen?

Andrew's face turned red as he felt a warmth burn his cheeks.

"Mom...I..." He tried to explain. Only to have his mother shake her head before heading off in the direction of the kitchen. "Wait, Mom!"

"Nnn." Gwen grunted as she moved, stretching her arms before lifting her head. She smacked her lips as clarity only came to her and her eyes widened as she realized who was watching her and how close she was to him. Her face began to mirror his in terms of redness and she backed away from him with a squeak.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't- I didn't..." Said Gwen began to ramble.

"I have coffee."

The two were interrupted by Jeanne entering the living room with a cup of coffee in one hand and a cup of tea on a plate in the other.

"Here, Andrew, your tea, Earl Grey, and a spoonful of blueberry honey." Said the grandmother as she handed the tea to her grandson and held out the coffee to Gwen. "Peaberry coffee from Tanzania with a touch of almond milk."

"Uh, thanks, Jeanne." Said Gwen with an awkward smile, avoiding looking at Andrew, or her blush would come back full force.

"Thanks, Grandma." Andrew nodded.

Jeanne looked at them both as the two teenagers refused to look at each other, their faces still a little pink. She blinked as she realized something before raising her hands in frustration.

"Oh, great." She muttered in frustration as she walked out of the room.

Her grandson and Gwen were in denial.

Puzzled, the two teenagers watched the old lady leave.

"What's going on?" Asked Gwen.

"No idea." Answered Andrew.

-----------------------------

... Some time later...

"Andrew, I don't know what you and Gwen had done." Said Isabelle.

Andrew looked at his mother, a frown on his face. After breakfast, he and Gwen prepared to go to Hudson Valley, neither his mother nor his grandmother knew of their plans and he intended it that way. Giving them plausible deniability if things went wrong. And now he was waiting downstairs in the lobby, waiting for Gwen.

He was wearing a biker jacket, a gray long-sleeved crew-cut t-shirt, and a black sweat suit.

"But be careful, okay?" She added.

Isabelle gave her son a hug, one he returned easily.

"Okay." He promised.

Hearing someone coming down the stairs, Andrew looked over his shoulder to see Gwen coming in, dressed in the clothes she'd worn the night before.