Chapter Three~ Surprises

After a while, you and Ed began talking again, your past argument already half forgotten. The two of you were past done with your drinks and had even finished a whole small plate of sandwiches that you had ordered.

You stood up, scratching your head as you said, "You know, I've had a lot of fun today. In fact," you said, a blush appearing on your face, "I'm kinda glad that Mustang set us up." Ed laughed as the two of you walked outside.

As you turned to part ways, Ed suddenly grabbed your arm. You turned around, raising a questioning eyebrow. "Um... You should come to Resembool for the weekend. Unless, you know, you're doing something else." Ed smiled uncertainly at you and you nodded, smiling. (A/N: sorry for not telling ya'll, but you and Ed are both on vacation this weekend. Coincidence? I think not.)

The two of you walked to the train station and got tickets without much trouble, but you did have to stop Ed from attacking the poor man at the ticket counter when he asked Ed if he wanted a children's ticket. You got on the train, laughing at Ed while he fumed in the seat beside you.

~le train ride time skip~

You and Ed decided to pay a visit to Winry, his childhood friend, his brother Alphonse, who had been staying with the two mechanics for a few days, and his "grandma," Pinako. (A/N: he told you that they aren't blood related) Of course, Winry beaned Ed in the head with a wrench, which made you die laughing after you made sure he was ok. You became fast friends with the boyish mechanic and, according to Pinako, "seemed to fit right into the family." Winry and Pinako had work to do, so after a while it was just you and Edward again.

You sat down at the table with the small golden-eyed Alchemist across from you and talked for what seemed like hours. Eventually, you fell asleep when Ed got up to use the restroom. In your dreams, you felt the sensation of being carried, and it was, in fact, Ed carrying you up to the spare bedroom when he came back and found you asleep.

About 45 minutes later, you were awakened by Pinako calling up the stairs, "Wake up, (y/n)! Dinner's ready!" "Yes, ma'am," you yelled back, jerking up out of the chair you had been sitting in. As you ran to the door, you heard Ed yell, "Come on, (y/n)! Dinner time!" You rolled your eyes, thinking, 'Didn't he just hear Mrs. Pinako yell up to me?'

You shrugged and ran down the hall and stairs. Seeing Ed climbing up the stairs too late, you smashed into him, knocking him over and pinning him to the floor. 'Whew,' you thought, 'that was close.' As you pushed yourself up, your hand slipped on your jacket and you fell, your mouth connecting with the small blond's.

Quickly, you pushed yourself up, blushing like crazy, and scooted yourself to the wall farthest away from Ed, who was sitting up, also blushing. (A/N: *dumps shredded cheese everywhere* sorry this is so cheesy!) Your hand came up and covered your mouth as you looked everywhere but at Ed. The two of you sat in awkward silence until Pinako came up and yelled at you for sitting on the floor while dinner was on the table.

You and Edward were finally corralled and spent the entire dinner avoiding each other's eyes. After dinner, you made a hasty retreat and went to bed early, curled up on their couch in a pile of blankets after asking Winry for a favor.

~le sleeping time skip~

Winry woke you up and walked you to the train station in the morning, before anyone else was up.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••Sooo.... I know, it was cheesy, but I hope you enjoyed it. Please tell me if I should write a sequel. It would be about you and Ed realizing that you have feelings for each other and developing a relationship. But be warned, if I get just one comment saying I should continue, I will. And as a reward for reading through this entire story, here is something that is not so tame (and also a scene from the possible sequel?! *gasp*):

You were sitting with your back up against the wall when Ed walked in, your sad (e/c) eyes staring out of a window. The blond kneeled down in front of you with a smirk as you continued to stare pointedly out of the window. "So, (y/n)," he said, "You didn't like me hanging out with (girl's name), did you?" You looked to the left, suddenly finding something on the floor extremely interesting. A light blush crept to your face as you muttered, "Why are you bringing that up?" Ed gently put his fingers under your chin and pulled your head around so that you had to look at him, his smirk growing wider as the blush on your face darkened. "And, you know, I didn't like you hanging out with (boy's name), either. Why do you think that is?" He said, moving his face a bit closer to yours. "Um," you said nervously, "because we only care for our wants and desires?" Ed rolled his eyes, as he said, "Oh, (y/n), you're such a pain." Then he kissed you.

So, did you like it? I hope so! I'm going to be making a 7 Minutes in Heaven story soon (various x reader), so go check that out if you want. (Shameless self-plug is shameless.) Fare thee well, little cheeseburgers. May your Kirbys forever dance.
(>^-^)> <(^-^)> <(^-^<),
SolsticeTheAlchemist