felix, not cupcake

i've been on hiatus for quite some time, but now that i have regained the needed energy to write this chaotic fic, i'm back!

hello to everyone who waited and thank you so much for everything! <3

enjoy! :)

//

The first night is exhausting.

Okay, just to be clear, Felix doesn't usually complain about stuff. But Jeongin isn't just some stuff that he can throw around and pay no attention to because that baby is a cute little being that deserves the best care, and because, mostly, he is technically being paid by Jeongin's parents to take care of him, which is why he will complain the hell out of this behind Jeongin, and kiss Jeongin on the forehead.

"Why do babies have to poop?" He exclaims so loud that even Hyunjin looks back at him surprised.

"That is honestly a wonderful question, cupcake!" Hyunjin retorts back at him with a different enthusiasm than he has, as if he has all the energy that life has sucked out of Felix. "I think it is because they eat. What if we starve the baby instead?"

And while he initially thought that Hyunjin is going to answer him with some sane string of words, of course that idiot will not because, once again, he is no other than Hyunjin.

"That's cruel." He horrifyingly shoots a look back at Hyunjin before walking to the kitchen to get a trash bag from the drawer. "What if I starve you?"

In his left hand is what seems to be the awful diaper of poop, and in his right hand is a trash bag folded, containing the littlest bit of patience he has left for the day. Hyunjin just decides to empty that patience out.

"Will you let your husband starve?" That screeching voice that he swears doesn't sound good, especially at night, "That is so cruel of you, my sweetie cupcake!" And that smug look on Hyunjin's face is all going to turn him around and meet his death.

It's always the endearments that get him. It makes him just wonder to himself what he did for the rest of his life to deserve this embarrassment. It isn't like he hates Hyunjin that much to actually think of the endearments so badly, but wow, the effect it has on him is very unrelatable at this point.

He thinks it's fatigue. He also thinks it's because of the stench coming from the diaper he is still holding. He thinks it's all because of the unnecessary things that make him want to just cry on the floor, weep his eyes out, and even throw a tantrum like an actual toddler because he can no longer do this.

He is not Hyunjin's cupcake or whatsoever.

"Can't you please stop calling me cupcake?" He wants to pull his hair and rack his head.

First, he lacks sleep, and he for sure thinks that Hyunjin can just do this by himself. Second, he doesn't really trust Hyunjin when it comes to taking care of babies because he cannot even take care of his own goddamn milk. Third, it's either Hyunjin will just wake him up to report that Jeongin is suddenly missing and is probably kidnapped, and will just make him panic. And lastly, Hyunjin is just Hyunjin.

There's not buts, there's no in between. It's just that Hyunjin is Hyunjin.

So, instead of making himself suffer from this cruelty lead by no other than his housemate, he just chooses to be stuck in that room with a baby on the cradle—naked and is probably freezing by now, but please don't report that to the actual dads—and another baby, or toddler for that matter, who's just watching all unfold in front of him with surprise.