seven. bears?

seven.

. • -

bears?

21:20 | AUGUST 22 - LYDIAHACKETT'S QUARRY CAMP FIREPIT

HACKETT'S QUARRY CAMP FIREPIT

RAN.

Lydia ran as far and as fast as she could up until she turned up at the camp fire pit, where Abigail, Kaitlyn, Dylan, and Ryan remained.

"That was some mighty fine social disruption there, Kaitlyn, I have to say." Dylan remarked.

"I don't know. I mean, I felt really bad." Abigail admitted.

"Hey, maybe it was just the nudge that Lydia needed." Kaitlyn said.

"...Ohhh, I see what you're getting at. That's evil." Abigail remarked.

"And genius." Ryan added.

"Who do you think is gonna make the first move? Nick or Lyd?" Dylan asked.

"Oh good Q. My bet's on neither." Kaitlyn replied.

"I dunno. Nick's got the beast in him." Ryan claimed.

"Uh, if by 'beast' you mean some sort of mild-mannered baby deer..." Kaitlyn joked.

"Hey don't let the cute preppy aesthetic fool you. It's like a steel barbecue grill under that shirt." Ryan told her, to which both Abigail and Kaitlyn chuckled.

"So, you noticed that too, huh?" Dylan asked before taking a sip of his beer.

"So what do you guys wanna do now?" Kaitlyn asked.

"We could keep playing?" Ryan suggested.

"Just the four of us?" Abigail asked.

"Alright Dylan. Truth or-"

Suddenly, the four and their chat was disturbed by the sound of a scream in the near distance.

"That sounded like Lydia." Ryan said as Kaitlyn and Dylan both got up.

"Oh no..." Abigail exclaimed.

"Uhh..." Dylan muttered.

"We gotta help her-" Ryan said worriedly as he got up as well.

"Wait, where did it come from?" Kaitlyn asked.

"This way! Come on!" Ryan said as he began walking towards the set of stairs nearby, Kaitlyn, Abigail, and Dylan following behind him.

As they walked, they were all startled when they saw an injured Lydia stumble out of the forest and down the stairs.

"Lydia!" Kaitlyn exclaimed as Abigail gasped.

"Lydia! Are you okay?" Ryan asked.

"Help! Help... Nick... Nick-- he's..." Lydia panted as she hunched over with her hands on her knees. "Help him!" She yelled, pointing into the forest.