Greed

Warning: Some mature content 🔞

A/N - This chapter is a little late since I'm on holiday. Next week will be a double release during the week to catch up. Hope you enjoy!

You can also see a short video 'mood edit' of chapters 1-9 here:

https://twitter.com/avalore_8/status/1548044767757418497?s=21&t=IQdQIT9lati6iA1yxSkuZg

~~

"Ahhh...mmmm"

Gulf awoke to disoriented dizziness, as the blood rushed from his head and down, down towards the stiff ridge of his cock, grinding shy sheets on the bed beneath. Black of a moonless night telling that the hour was late enough for Mongkul's palace to be slumbering, but not so late that dawn's chalks had begun to illustrate the sky.

Those middle-of-the-night-minutes in which, across the stretch of snowy weeks since returning by carriage from Busaba, the omega's body felt never quite his own...

Indigo inked ocean waves crashing to swallow him whole, dragging relentlessly down into the irresistible heart of a dominating, delicious swell. Arcs and then undertow, pulling Gulf under until he was breathless in the whirlpool of sea's scent...

Every nerve tingling, so alive, tossed from rock to jagged rock as arousal coursed through veins in nature's unstoppable tides. And no matter how hard he rubbed himself, how fiercely he fought his twitching erection, it was never enough.

He needed more - he needed Mew. An awakening.

Not the King that had fucked him without feeling, on antisexual autopilot, in the infant months of their marriage, but the man who had held him gently, safely, through heat. Had ascended him to the high heavens with the tease of his tongue within. The one who kissed him and kissed him, like it was only them in the wide, wide world.

The one he...trusted, in a life that had not given cause to trust.

With the certainty of the moon's magnetic pull on the oceans - come high tide, low tide, ebb and flow - could that man be his heart's constant after it all?

But...

Just

out

of

touch.

And with each night that passed, as he reached in the darkness for his other, Gulf had come to understand his own self a little better too. Knowing then, that no matter how many miles from the foibles and footprints of man he had been grown, he was not the demure damsel diamond his uncle had polished - pristine, chaste and obedient, with glowing halo that never glitched.

The unique tingles of tuoksut, the lapping of the alpha ocean, had him giddy and greedy in their thrall - fuck, he wanted...he wanted to roll in the dirts of pleasure unknown.

Burning and yearning and aching to be filled again. For the King's cock to stretch him open and thrust him deep from behind.

Frustration escalating to irritation as he dry humped the mattress till he was red raw and rage filled. Giving up the ghost with a wail of unmet want:

"Arrgghh"

Why didn't his husband come?

Scooting to sit at the edge of his messy bed, head dipping as he ran fingers through tousles of dark, wavy hair.

Because that - that was the question he tried the hardest not to ask.

Sleep the only answer, then.

And facing those more immediate practical problems, Gulf wove a plan to steal down to the deserted kitchens in search of insomniac's tonic - recalling the herbal concoction Mai had held patiently at his lips to sip in the days of rest and recovery from heat cycle.