Anxiety before trip -Chapter 1

Sivaangi had been waiting for this day for the longest time. It was her dream to sing on an international stage. She was going to share the stage with legends like SPB Charan, Shankar Mahadevan and Vijay Prakash. She was going to be traveling with the Super Singer team by herself, without her parents, for the first time. Technically she should be excited but she wasn't. Her heart felt heavy and low.

She had not slept well all night and she came out of her room, rubbing her eyes. Her hair was a mess. Her dad was sitting on the couch listening to some music. She dragged her self to him and lay on the couch, placing her head on his lap. Just then Binni said, "Sivu pal thechiya?" Sivaangi frowned with her eyes closed and said, "pchch... indha amma vera kalankaartgale irritate pannara." Her dad caressed her hair and she adjusted her head on his lap. Binni continued, "Dee Sivaangi naan oruthi kekarene badhil solla maatiya?" Sivaangi irritatedly yelled back, "Pal ellam thechachu maa. Konjam irritate pannama irukkiya? Naan anxiety liye night full aa thoongale. Nee vera start pannadhe." Her eyes were still closed. Binni walked into the room and said, "paal eduthundu varalaamnu thaan pal thechaya nu ketten adhukku enna pechu. Indha kudi" and she handed the cup. Sivaangi tried to grab it but missed and the cup and it contents fell on the floor with a thud. Sivaangi jumped up and yelled again, " Amma oru cup kooda seriya thara maatiya nee. Che" and she walked to grab the cleaning mop. Her dad watched the commotion and asked Binni to go inside. He grabbed the mop from Sivaangi and said, "Nee po naan paathukaren."

Binni went to other room to grab her phone and called Ashwin. He answered in the second ring. Binni had clearly told him never to call her aunty or amma so they had settled for Chechi. He picked up the phone and said, "Good morning Chechi." She replied, "Good morning ellam irukattum. Nee eppo varey? Inge Vedalam murunga marathula eriyachu. Rendu thitum, oru cup paal floor layum kottiyachu. Innum ennenna panna poralo therila. Nee seekaram vandhu avala sammali. Naan ippove tired aayachu." Ashwin laughed and said, "Ayo paavam adhu. Tension aa irukkum. Avaloda dream idhu, adhunaala thaan. Naal ippo thaan work out mudichen so kulichu kalamba vendiyadhu thaan." Binni responded, "Paavam aavudhu parthaapam aavadhu. Seriyana pei ya pethu vachirukken. Idhula oru pakkam ava Appa oda konjal innoru pakkam nee avala thaangu thaangu nu thaangardhu naala thaan kozhuppu jaasthi ya irukku." Ashwin chuckled and said, "Chechi dear chillax. Naan oru one hour kulla vandudaren" and they hung up.

When Ashwin came Sivaangi was clearly a nervous wreck. She was walking up and down the hall. She was twitching her fingers. She did not even look up at Ashwin. He looked at Binni and she shrugged her shoulder. He blinked indicating that he has it under control. He then looked at Sivaangi and, in his base voice, said, "Kutty maa, kutty maa, enna paaru" but she continued to check her pouch to make sure she had her passport, tickets etc. Binni said, "Sivu nee pathaayiram vaati check paniyachu. Unnoda passport ticket ellam ange thaan irukku. Adhukenna kaala molachu oda pordhu?" Sivaangi gave her mother a death glare. Ashwin was trying hard to hide his laughter.

Binni looked at Krishna Appa and said, "Neenga vaango namma andha kadaikku poitu varalaam." Krishna Appa said, "Ippo Edhukku kadaiku poganum? Kozandhai first time thaniya veli oorukku pora. Ava kooda time spend pannalaam. Kadaikku naalikki pogalaam." Binni smacked her palm on her forehead and glared at Krishna Appa. He had learnt by now that if your wife glares at you, you just have to follow her and obey her instructions. He immediately mumbled and said, " ippove polaame no problem" and they stepped out. When they reached the car Binni told him, "kozhandhai semma tension la irukka. Ashwin aala mattum thaan ippo avala samaadhaanam padutha mudiyum but adhukku avaa rendu perukkum privacy venam. Purinjudha? Sila time naan eppidi ungala love paninen nu yosikkaren." Krishna Appa nodded in agreement with her.

Ashwin walked closer to Sivaangi and said again, "Kutty maa please enna paaru maa. Enkitta vaa maa please." Sivaangi looked up and just ran up to him and hugged him tightly. Tears started rolling down her cheeks. "Enakku enna achunu therila Ashwiney. This is my dream come true moment aana ungala ellam vittutu pordhukku kashtama irukku. Paavam Ammava romba thittitten. Neenga Europe pona podhu naan ungala evvalo miss paninen theriyuma? Ippo adhe maadiri feel aagudhu and I don't like that feeling." Ashwin gently caressed her hair and kissed the top of her head. He cupped her face and looked into her eyes. She was still sniffling. He wiped her tears and kissed her forehead. She hugged him again and said, "Neengalum varalaam la en kooda". He answered "Maa adhukku oru time varum. You will do a solo world tour and I will accompany you as Sivaangi's proud husband, ok?" She smiled and said, "How do you always say the right things, Ashwineyyy?" He responded, "Maa wrong thing sonnadhu naala thaan maa ippovum ulagam enna troll pannudhu" and he laughed.

She hugged him tighter and said, "Enakku bayama irukku Ashwiney. What if I don't perform well? What if the crowd hates me? What if these legends never want to sing with me again?" Before she could continue, Ashwin said, "Shhhhh..... unnoda over thinking moolaiya konjam odhikki vai maa. You are going to rock the stage like always. Do you trust me?" He then cupped her face and slowly kissed her on her lips. She closed her eyes and took his lips longingly. She tiptoed to get more of his lips. He held her by her waist and gave her the lift that she needed. He could sense that she was beginning to relax. She opened her mouth to let their tongues battle. Her kiss was getting more passionate. Her anxiety and tension were all now directed towards the kiss. She grabbed on to his shirt even tighter. His fingers slowly started to caress her waist which ticked her so she started to squirm. He chuckled between the kiss and slowly started to run his fingers on her back, which tickled and even more, making her let go of the kiss and she started giggling, "Enna pannareenga?" He grabbed her and tickled her waist and she started to run towards her room giggling. He followed her. She tripped and fell on her bed only for him to reach and continue to tickle her. Her top had moved up exposing her stomach and navel area. He blowed on her stomach making her laugh even more. He slowly started peppering kisses as his hand started to move her tops until he could see the bottom part of her bare bosoms.......

(To be continued...)

Brinda Subramanian

Please do vote and comment. I love to read and respond to you comments too. 💜