Chapter 17

"So, who wants to watch a movie?" Robin asked brightly, already halfway off of her bed.

Eddie face planted dramatically into her pillow.

"God, not another patented Buckley movie night!" he groaned.

"Too late!" she called cheerily from the hall.

He listened as she thumped down the stairs.

"That one never loses energy," he remarked teasingly to Steve as something in the kitchen fell over.

"Fuck!" Robin shouted, her voice muffled.

Steve snickered.

"You alright, love?" Eddie called down, lifting his head up from the pillow.

"Totally fine!" she shouted back. "Really just channeling that chaotic gay energy, you know?"

"Got enough for us both, babe!" he replied without thinking.

Then he remember that Steve was sitting next to him and he quickly glanced over at him.

There was no way that Harrington hadn't heard him, he'd been matching Robin's volume word for word.

"Um..." He shrugged. Then he flicked his wrist down. "I'm a little fruity, you see."

Steve raised his eyebrows.

"Would never have guessed," he replied sarcastically.

"Oh good, because I've clearly been trying so hard to hide it."

He rolled his eyes.

"I'm not going to be weird or anything, so don't worry."

"Wasn't planning to." Eddie grinned mischievously, leaning in closer. "Although, you know, it's just so much more fun when people are a little bit bothered because then I can watch them squirm uncomfortably when I flirt with them."

"So you are going to flirt with me?" Steve asked with an equally evil smile.

"What, have you been waiting?"

"You have no idea," Steve breathed.

It almost seemed like he wasn't joking anymore, but Eddie knew otherwise.

"Guess I'll keep you waiting then, Harrington."

He rolled off of the bed and swung over to the door.

"Coming down, darling?" He turned to face Steve again.

"Save pet names for Robin, Munson."

"Don't pretend it doesn't make you want more."

"Was I giving that impression? Didn't mean to."

Eddie opened his mouth to say something back, but before he could think of anything, Steve walked up to him and pressed him against the side of the door.

Then he kissed him, hands on his face and in his hair.

The feeling was too much.

Eddie leaned away after a moment.

"What are you doing?" he asked softly.

"Flirting?" Steve offered.

In a matter of seconds, Eddie slid past the doorframe and stood alone in the hallway, facing him.

"That's taking it too far, Harrington."

Steve blinked, so Eddie continued in a still tone.

"Please don't play with me like that again."

Then he turned away and headed down the stairs.

Robin was waiting in the kitchen beside a greasy popcorn machine. She looked up when he entered.

"Where's Stevie?" she asked, glancing past his shoulder.

"Um... just in the bathroom or something."

She shrugged and turned back to her experiment.

"I'm trying out my parents ol' popper," she said as she scooped another cup of kernels into the contraption. "Might take a while though, it's pretty fried."

"That's alright, we've got all night."

Eddie tried not to think of just how long the night would be, with Steve and his staring for hours.

"Do you want to pick a movie with Steve?" Robin asked, like she was reading his mind.

She was getting ready to flick the machine on and Eddie braced his ears.

"I guess so," he agreed reluctantly.

Robin gave him a weird look.

"I thought you two were friends now?" she asked carefully.

Eddie bit the corner of his lip.

"Eddie?" She drew out his name.

He sighed.

"Steve kissed me upstairs."

Robin spun around to face him.

"What?"

"He didn't mean it or anything!" he exclaimed hastily. "It was just a joke"

Robin raised an eyebrow.

"If there's one thing that I know about Steve, it's that kissing is never a joke to him," she said solemnly.

"Well, this time it was," he insisted.

She shrugged and turned back to the popcorn maker.

"Whatever you say, Eddie."

Then she flicked it on and the entire kitchen began to rumble.

"I'll find a movie!" Eddie shouted over the din.

"If you don't make up with Steve, I swear to god!" Robin shouted back.

"You can't make me!" he called, already making his way to the living room. "He's not my type!"

Steve was standing next to the television.

"Oh... hey."