𝙞𝙞𝙞

AFTER having made the deal, you both decided to start investigating separately, not to cause any suspicion from Ayaka or Thoma

A week had passed and you finally got to hang out with your best friend, who had continued with the lame excuses for 4 days straight.

Thus you know found yourself in the perfect situation to interrogate the suspect.

Finally, your psychology lessons were going to prove useful~

You started with a light and gentle cough to get the boy's attention, who seemed busy petting one of the stray cats you were both feeding.

y/n
"ahem"

Much to your dismay, the method didn't seem to work.

y/n
"AHEM"

Thankfully this time, you managed to get a reaction from the blonde boy.

thoma
"Y/N? are you okay?? did you catch a cold?"

"I told you a thousand times to wear a warmer jacket, it's 48 degrees outside"

y/n
"but that's just gonna ruin my splendid outfits"

Thoma playfully rolled his eyes.

Since you successfully broke the ice, the time had finally come to put on the show.

y/n
"anyway... how's Taroumaru?"

You were sure you heard Thoma gulp.

thoma
"ahaha... fine, why do you ask?"

That nervous laugh was betraying him.

y/n
"you never told me why you took him to the vet? was he sick, hm?"

thoma
"yeah- definitely, I mean... unfortunately. turns out he ate one of my socks, yes"

y/n
"curious... did you take him to dr. Sangonomiya?

thoma
"sure, dr. Sangonomiya. I took Taroumaru to dr. Sangonomiya because he ate one of my socks, simple as that"

Unfortunately for the boy, it sounded more like he was trying to convince himself rather than you.

Ever since you were children, you had always told each other everything, no secret. Maybe that's why Thoma was struggling right now...