No, why are you wearing a cape?

I hate cooking for myself. It makes me feel lonely.

That's why I decided to eat out for dinner tonight! My stomach was begging to be filled since I hadn't eaten a proper meal since yesterday, so I decided eat earlier than usual.

Wandering Main Street aimlessly, I thought about where to eat.

'Maybe, I'll get some chinese food...'

The sky shines bright orange, giving this small town a golden glow. This town is so beautiful at sunset. I smile as the last rays of sun for the day hit my face. Even thought it was only half past five, the sun was already dipping behind the snowy mountain ranges.

Soon enough, I arrived at City Wok. I pulled open its large glass doors and stepped inside.

"Herro, Shitty Wok, take your order prease," Mr. Kim greeted.

I nod a quick 'hello' in acknowledgement before skimming the menu over top the man's head. I snort as I look at the crusty, sepia-toned menu pictures that definitely have not been changed since, at least, 2002.

"Hi, I'll just have the City Beef with a coke please," I said as I roll up the cash register.

——

Once I got my meal, I took a booth seat by the front windows. Through the glass panes, the last glimmers of light faded into the darkness. I absentmindedly ate my food, watching the occasional car drive pass.

Amidst my soda sipping, my mind wandered off to the events of the past week. When I first moved here, I was not expecting to make friends (let alone ten) this soon. Honestly, when I moved here, I just planned on sticking to myself, making friends here and there, and then graduating. Yet here, I was, hanging out at the houses of my new friends and talking to their younger siblings (I think there's a pattern there...).

A smile inched on to my face as I thought of all the fun I've had this week. Who knew living in a little suburban town could be so entertain—

BOOM.

The loud boom snapped me out of my thoughts as I brought my head closer to the windows.

'What the fuck was that?'

Farther down the road, I could barely make out some figures, zipping around the streets. A handful of quieter booms followed soon after.

"Those sirry boys ," Mr. Kim sighed, "They better not break my windows again."

'Again?'

Curiosity piqued in my mind. Who the hell are "those boys" and what in the fuck are they doing?

I threw out my trash and thanked Mr. Kim for the meal before rushing outside.

The night breeze blew through my thin tights and rustled the leaves off of its branches. The dark sky held pockets full of shining stars.

Pulling my eyes away from the sky, I focus back on the matter at hand: What's going on?

My bad eyesight wasn't doing me any favors, so I slowly moved closer to the commotion. Careful not to make noise, I slipped in between the space of two shops and peeked around the corner.

Adjusting my eyes to the new darkness, I squint to get a better look at the rowdy group. I count out about ten people between the large flashes of multicolored lights. The forms were fighting. Some were using weapons and some were using their bare fists. One of them also seemed to be flying? I've seen many fights in my life, but never something like this. It seemed like something out of a Marvel movie...

And, at the center of the fight were 4 people, dressed in suits. The other 6 seemed to be teamed against them.

WHOOSH.