07 - moonlight

Saturday, October 1st

I think I need to take a break from partying. At least until Thanksgiving.

I feel like shit. Absolute shit.

I sit up in my bed, and my back is aching like crazy. Taking a glance around the room, I see Eden tying up her hair in a ponytail. When her hair is up like that, it means she's going to work.

"Good morning." I blink myself fully awake. "It's morning, right?"

"Hey," she greets back with a smile. "It's eleven."

I think before asking, "How'd I get back last night?"

"Killian brought you back." Eden nods her head at his jacket on my bedside table as she fixes her collar. She grabs her bag and keys.

"You going to be gone all day?" I ask.

"Yup." She opens the door. "Take it easy, alright?"

I nod. "See you later."

And she's gone.

I try to recall the events of last night. Although my memory of it is vague, I still remember bits and pieces of what happened with Nick. And little of when Killian took me back to the dorm.

I'm in different clothes from the ones I had on last night, and I'm going to safely assume that Eden is the one who changed me.

My phone dings.

I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone today.

I open the messages expecting to see a message from our group chat, but to my surprise, it's Killian.

ian: Are you free right now?

Me: yeah, why?

It takes him a minute or so for the next message. The dots from him typing kept disappearing and reappearing constantly, like he was deleting his message again and again.

ian: I want to see you.

My hand slowly travels up to my mouth, and I let out a squeal. There's no way.

I realize that I'm leaving him on read, and I put both hands on my phone, starting to briskly type a response. But he gets another text in first.

ian: I want my jacket back. Can I come get it?

Like I said, there's no way. I feel the short burst of excitement dissipate before responding.

Me: yeah, Eden is at work right now

ian: Ok.

I instantly shut my phone off, and my arm swings down to my side in disappointment.