13 - act normal

Friday, November 25th

It's the day after, and Carson has acted as if nothing happened.

She decided to hang out all day at my apartment, as friends of course. Like we said.

However, she ignored the fact that she was just fucked in my bed hours ago. Except for the occasional complaint that her legs hurt too much to walk. I had to help her shower when she woke up since she was too tired for that last night. I don't mind helping though, considering I'm responsible.

As we're watching TV, her phone rings, and she takes the straw of her juice box out of her mouth. "Can you bring that to me, Ian?"

I nod, standing up to grab it off the counter where she last left it. "It's Eden."

I hand it to her, and she thanks me before accepting the call. I head into the kitchen to grab her another juice box, since I know she'll need another one soon.

"Where the hell did you go last night?" I can hear Eden's voice from the living room.

"I didn't feel so well at the party, so I went to stay at a friends' house." Carson comes up with a terrible lie.

"What friend?" Eden clearly saw right through it.

I come out of the kitchen sauntering behind Carson on the couch. I tap the juice box on her shoulder, and she looks up at me with wide eyes. I arch a brow, wondering why she looks like she's seen a ghost. Then I look at her phone.

She's on FaceTime.

"Whose hand was that?" I see Eden get closer to the camera, trying to see once again.

I dash away, out of sight from the camera. Carson fidgets with the juice box currently in her hand, unsure of what to say. When she starts to speak, she stutters.

"U-uhm-"

"Carson Mae Adler, did you leave the party to have sex?" Eden blatantly says.

Carson's face flushes a bright pink. "No! Stop interrogating." She pulls my shirt that she's wearing over her knees. "I told you I didn't feel so good."

"Right... well I hope you feel better for our plans later." Eden drops the subject, even though her voice suggests that she is still skeptical.

"Plans..." Carson trails off, trying to recall what Eden is talking about. "Ah, yeah, I should be okay by then."

"Alright, see you later." Eden sounds about ready to end the call before she thinks of something else. "Oh, and you can invite Killian too."

"Bye..." Carson's voice is shaky as she ends the call.

She drops her phone and immediately turns to me. She squeezes the juice box in her hand, which is thankfully empty.