Friend

First person pov:

Say, what do you think is more important, friends or money?

Honestly, only a fool would think friends are more important. I mean, money can't buy happiness, but, it can buy things that make you happy.

So, why choose friends?

They can't be that important, right?

What did Mother see in her comrades that made her admire them more than money?

I guess I'll find out for myself, after all, I'll have plenty of chances at this new school teacher told me about.

Third person pov:

Currently, a young man with messy black hair and sharp facial features was having the greatest excitement of his entire life. Although his face appears to be spacing out of the window, disinterested, he is actually impatiently awaiting his new school life at a prestigious high school, to which, the bus he is riding on is headed towards.

'Oh man... I don't even know how I got accepted into such a prestigious school, I mean, didn't I totally screw up the entrance exam?!'

His name is Katagiri Yuuichi. He's your average 16 year old, though, a bit too hard working for his own good. Oh and, he also has notoriously bad grades.

Katagiri had not failed to notice that, in this bus, were three other people wearing the same uniform as him. Some well-built blond guy who just exudes a superior aura, A short-haired girl with innocent eyes, and a maiden with black long hair who looks perpetually annoyed.

Suddenly, the bus' quiet atmosphere changed when an office lady spoke to the blond kid.

"Excuse me, shouldn't you give up your seat? Can't you see this poor old woman is having trouble standing up?"

The blond kid, who had his arms and legs crossed and his eyes shut, ignored her.

"Hey! I'm talking to you, young man!"

"Oya, why should I offer up my seat? I have no reason to do so."

"You're sitting in a priority seat. Give priority to your elders."

"I am the one sitting on this seat, no? It is I that should decide whether to move or not. Am I supposed to give up my seat just because I'm young?"

Blondie had a wide grin on his face while the office lady's face was starting to turn red from anger.

"H-how rude! Were you ever taught how to respect your superiors?!"

"Tomato lady, the word 'superior' implies  that you're referring to someone of a higher position, which, you and the old woman, are clearly not. Though, the both of you have certainly been longer alive than I have, it still does not change the fact that you are being rude to me."

 The office lady clenched her fist in frustration, but then slumped her shoulders as if she had given up.

'Yikes, that's one hell of an ego. Well, he's not exactly wrong, but I can't help but feel bad for the old lady. Let's add in the office lady too since she got verbally beat by a highschooler.'

One short-haired girl spoke up, "Um, excuse me everyone, I agree with what she says. Will somebody please offer up their seat, please?"