A Glimpse Of The Devil

Third person pov:

Today was the day classes have officially started. Like normal, the class was introduced to subject orientations, teachers, and the curriculum. However, during class time, the students seemed to be busy slacking off. Talking in class, reading manga, falling asleep, even Katagiri was starting to doze off. Fortunately, his seatmate kept reminding him not to clown around like the rest of the "monkeys" as she called them.

Lunch time came around and Katagiri, feeling hungry, immediately got up to go to the cafeteria. But, not before looking back-

"Horikita, wanna come with me?"

"Why should I do that?"

"It's lunch time, let's relax a bit."

"Katagiri-kun, I have already told you I don't need friends, did I not? We are not friends and never will be."

"I didn't say anything about friends though?
And it's embarassing to say, but, I'm feeling quite lonely, haha... Eating by myself at the cafeteria, I'd look like some loser."

"Fine. Since you need me so badly, I suppose I can take pity on you and eat with you."

Katagiri smiled while sighing, as Horikita slumped her bag over her shoulders.

On their way there, however, Katagiri was approached by a group of women, in the center, was Hirata Yousuke, who showed a smile.

"Hey hey, Katagiri-kun, wanna go eat lunch with us?" One of the girls said.

Katagiri was having a dilemma in his head. Does he abandon Horikita? Or go with the girls and Hirata?

Horikita was glaring at him, waiting for his response. Katagiri got chills down his spine.

"Sorry guys, but, I'm already going with Horikita. I'll join you guys next time, that alright?"

"Ehh~ Are you guys, like, dating?"

"Haha, no it's not like that. We're just seatmates, that's all."

"Really?" Some of the girls had smirks on their faces. "Girls, we shouldn't bother them on their date, ya know!"

Katagiri just smiled at them.

"Oh, please, do I look like someone who could get a girlfriend?" He jokingly said.

"Uhh, yeah, you do."

"For reals."

"Totally."

What an unexpected reaction. Was he seriously popular with the girls? He wiped that delusion from his thoughts. There was no way girls would be interested in a guy who only rode his bike and made origami flowers.

"Everyone, I think we should let Katagiri-kun and Horikita-san be for now. We're all hungry, aren't we?"

'Nice save, Hirata. I owe you one!'

"Alright! Let's go Hirata-kun! Bye Katagiri-kun."

"See ya Katagiri!"

Hirata and his entourage of women turned around and walked away, as Katagiri was smiling and waving.

"That was annoying. Let's go Katagiri-kun."

At the cafeteria, they both bought relatively cheap lunches, found a table for two, and started chatting about random things. Katagiri usually started the small talk, though, while Horikita was just listening, briefly remarking on his dialogue.