Jedi

Jedi — the queen :

Freya scarcely remembered her time as a slave

Freya scarcely remembered her time as a slave. She hardly could remember what her mother even looked like, only that she had the same color hair as she. Padme had said it was odd. She'd never heard of anyone having white hair, but that Freya should be proud because it was stunning.
Padme watched out of her balcony window as Freya let her long hair loose in the wind. She had on a beautiful blue dress that was cut out in the middle, giving her a feeling of cool air in the warmth of Naboo.
"I can feel you watching me." Freya teased her best friend who giggled and walked out of the double doors to stand beside Freya.
"You're no Jedi, how can you feel me?" Padme joked and Freya rolled her eyes. Freya had always been able to feel things others couldn't, and sometimes it made her extremely uncomfortable.
"In some ways, I can feel your pain and stress of being queen. I guess that comes with the job, but it worries me about all these people. Why must they suffer?" Freya asked and looked down upon the city.
It was unheard of, a slave becoming a part of the queen's family, but Padme loved her very much. They had crossed paths when Freya had just turned six and Padme was seven. Freya was being beaten in the street and Padme had begged her father to stop it. Padme's father bought her, and freed her from slavery.
Freya has always considered them her family. She was no politician, but she could see through people.
"I worry as well." Padme stated and led Freya away from the city and into the palace to get ready.

Freya was dressed in her usual handmaiden attire, a long ombré hood and dress. Her beauty was not easily hidden, though, and she still received looks from many of the guards.
They had just received a hologram from Chancellor Palpatine. He was a very kind man, but Freya had always had an uneasy feeling about him.
"How could that be true? I have assurances from the
Chancellor...his Ambassaodrs did arrive. It must be
the...get...negotiate..." The hologram had cut out. Padme was worried and quickly asked, "Senator Palpatine?!?"
She turned to Panaka and asked, "What's happening?"
The captain was also a very kind man. He protected all of them with his life, and would do anything they asked.
He turned to his sergeant and ordered, "Check the transmission generators..."
He did as told, but discovered that there was a malfunction in the generators. Freya could fix it, if given enough time, but they weren't sure they had many.
"A malfunction?" He asked, shocked. Captain Panaka looked back to the queen.
"It could be the Federation jamming us. Your Highness." Padme glanced at Freya  who gave her a solemn look.
"A communications disruption can only mean one thing. Invasion." Bibble gave the same look to Padme who shook her head.
"Don't jump to conclusions, Governor. The Federation would not
dare go that far." She told him. Freya could tell the Senate was not in control anymore. The Trade Federation had taken over and they would soon be destroyed if something was not done.
"The Senate would revoke their trade franchise, and they'd be finished." Panaka warned Padme. She assured everyone and replied, "We must continue to rely on negotiation."
Bibble became outraged and gestured to the broken hologram.
"Negotiation? We've lost all communications!...and where atre the
Chancellors Ambassadors? How can we negotiate? We must prepare to defend
ourselves." He insisted angrily. Freya stepped forward, readying to grab her blaster if needed.
"This is a dangerous situation, Your Highness. Our security
volunteers will be no match against a battle-hardened Federation army." They had no army because Naboo was a peaceful people. They didn't like war, and the violence that went with it.
"I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war." The queen told him harshly and dismissed everyone, while Freya stayed behind.
"I have a very bad feeling about this, Your Highness. I sense a Great War coming." She whispered and Padme gave her a sad look.
"I hope not." She retorted and stood up. Freya followed after her.

Padme and Freya watched helplessly as the droid army of the Federation walked the streets on Naboo. Padme closed her eyes.
Freya placed her hand on her friend's shoulder and watched out the window as well.
"The people will be fine. They love you." She assured. Padme shook her head and bit her lip to keep from crying.

Padme was now dressed as a handmaiden, for her safety. Freya and the rest of the handmaidens, along with the queen's decoy were surround by droid soldiers. Freya groaned internally and glanced at Padme.
All of the guards were held at gunpoint while the Queen's decoy glared at the droids.
"..how will you explain this invasion to the Senate?" Bibble asked. One of the men in charge of the federation replied, "The Naboo and the Federation will forge a treaty that will legitimize our occupation here. I've been assured it will be ratified by the Senate."
"I will not co-operate." The queen said harshly. The man chuckled and shook his head.
"Now, now, your Highness. You are not going to like what we have in
store for your people. In time, their suffering will persuade you to see
our point of view. Commander," the droid steps forward and looks at Nute, "Process them."

Escaping from the palace was not an easy task. Padme's ship was hardly able to leave, but the Master Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn and his padawan saved the queen, her security and her handmaidens.
The Jedi and Captain Panaka stood before the queen and her handmaidens. Padme glanced at Freya who nodded to her in a sense of comfort.

"...An extremely well put together little droid. Without a
doubt, it saved the ship, as well as our lives." Captain Panaka said, admiring the droid in front of them. Freya half smiled at the excitement from the droid.
"It is to be commended...what is its number?" The decoy queen asked.
The droid let out a series of excited beeps while the captain reached over and brushed a bit of dirt off to read his number.
"R2-D2, Your Highness." He answered. The queen smiled and looked at Padme.
"Thank you, Artoo Detoo. You have proven to be very loyal...Padme, Freya!" She exclaimed. They both emerged from her side to stand in front of her. They bowed and then addressed the queen.
"Clean this droid up the best you can. It deserves our
gratitude..." She ordered. Freya and Padme walk over to R2-D2 who beeped loudly at them.
"Continue, Captain." The queen said. Captain Panaka let out a cough and looked between the two Jedi.
"Your Highness, we are heading for a remote planet called Tatooine.
It is a system far beyond the reach of the Trade Federation. There we will
be able to make needed repairs, then travel on to Coruscant." Qui-Gon told the queen. Freya could feel a heavy ache in her heart as they neared the planet.
"Your Highness, Tatooine is very dangerous. It's controlled
by an alliance of gangs called the Hutts. I do not agree with the Jedi on
this." The captain said in haste. Qui-Gon looked at him and said, "You must trust my judgement, Your Highness."
Freya had always thought the Jedi to be arrogant. Yes they were powerful, but were harsh. She hoped her children would never become Jedi.
The queen and Padme exchange looks whilst the girls moved to R2. Freya led them away towards the main area of the ship.
Freya was cleaning R2-D2, the brave little Astra Droid, when
JAR JAR pops out of an open door.
"Hidoe!"
Padme, Freya, and R2 both jump and let out a small scream. Freya can sense his embarrassment and she smiled softly at him.
"Sorry, nomeanen to scare yousa." He said. Padme smiled.
"That's all right." Freya assured him. He pointed behind him and suggested, "I scovered oily back dare. Needen it?"
Freya nodded and looked back to R2.
"Thank you. This little guy is quite a mess."
Jar Jar handed the oil can to Padme who gave it to Freya. She Smiled in thanks and continued cleaning the droid.
"Mesa Ja Ja Binksss." He introduced himself to them. The girls offered him a friendly smile.
"I'm Padme, this is Freya, we attend Her Highness,
You're a Gungan, aren't you?" Padme asked him. He nodded and she continued, "How did you end up here with us?"
Freya had been wondering the same thing.
"Me no know...mesa day starten pitty okeyday witda brisky morning
munchen. Den boom....getten berry skeered, un grabbed dat Jedi, and before
mesa knowen it...pow! Mesa here." While he explained, Freya glanced at Padme who seemed to understand what he said. Jar Jar shrugged and continued, "getten berry berry skeered."
R2 beeped at them sympathetically while the girls chuckled at them.