Pod Race

Pod Race- The Angel:

The storm had passed allowing Anakin and Freya to go outside

The storm had passed allowing Anakin and Freya to go outside. Anakin had insisted she come with him. Freya reluctantly agreed, not wanting to be around Watto more than necessary.

They were in a very heated discussion. Qui-Gon walked in and Freya, Anakin, and Watto joined him. Anakin had been wanting to show Freya the things he'd been working on, and Watto eyed the girl more than necessary making her uncomfortable.

"The boy tells me you wanta sponser hi insa race. You can't afford
parts. How can you do this? Not on Republic credits, I think." Watto laughed and Qui-Gon half smirked.
"My ship will be the entry fee." He said. Freya gasped and quickly shut her mouth.
Qui-Gon pulled a small object that looks like a watch out of his pocket, and
a hologram of the Naboo spacecraft appeared about a foot long in front of
Watto. He studied it and said, "Not bad...not bad...a Nubian."
Qui-Gon shut the device off and explained, "It's in good order, except for the parts we need." Watto glanced back at Anakin who'd moved to stand in front of Freya. He stood taller than her even at nine years old.
" ...but what would the boy ride? He smashed up my Pod in the last
race. It will take some time to fix it." Watto told Qui-Gon. Freya studied the creature carefully. She wondered how a creature like that would ever be able to enter the slave business, but then she thought of the Hutts and sighed.
She remembered her slave master, the Queen of Zygerria. Although the woman was good to her, she had sold her to a Zygerrian man, who'd sexually and physically abused her.
Anakin was embarrassed and stepped forward causing Freya to zone back into the conversation.

"Ahhhh....it wasn't my fault really...Sebulba flashed me with his
vent ports. I actually saved the Pod...mostly." He tried defending himself, and Freya smiled at him, making him feel slightly better.
"That you did. The boy is good, no doubts there." Watto laughed and said.
"I have...acquired a Pod in a game of chance. "The fastest ever
built."" He said, quoting Anakin. Anakin blushed and Freya placed her hand on his shoulder making his heartbeat quicken.
"I hope you didn't kill anyone I know for it." Watto laughed and kept talking, "So, you supply the Pod and the entry fee; I supply the boy. We split the winnings
fifty-fifty, I think." Watto said. Freya scoffed loudly.
"Fifty-fifty!?! If it's going to be fifty-fifty, I suggest you
front the cash for the entry. If we win, you keep all the winnings, minus
the cost of the parts I need...If we lose, you keep my ship." Qui-Gon was quite the barter. Watto was also not easily fooled.
Watto became heavily in thought while Anakin tried to not be so nervous. He was scared he'd say no, making Freya grab his hand in an attempt to calm him down.
"Either way, you win." Qui-Gon added. Watto laughed and agreed.
"Deal! Yo bana pee ho-tah, meedee ya. (Your friend is a
follish one, methinks.)" he said to Anakin who'd smiled back at Freya. Qui-Gon noticed their intertwined hands. Anakin had yet to let go of her. 
Padme, Anakin , Jar Jar, Freya, and Artoo worked on the engines of the Podracer in
the courtyard below Qui-Gon and Anakin's mother.
"You should be proud of your son. He gives without any thought of
reward." Qui-Gon said. He was very proud of the boy, especially at the mere age of nine.
"He knows nothing of greed. He has..." Shmi started and Qui-Gon finished for her, knowing what she was about to say.
"He has special powers." He'd said. Shmi nodded and said, "Yes..."
they watched below as Anakin talked to Freya about everything on the Pod Racer, and she listened carefully.
"He can see things before they happen. That's why he appears to
have such quick reflexes. It is a Jedi trait." Qui-Gon said to her. Shmi smiled and sighed sadly.
"He deserves better than a slave's life." She told him.
"The Force is unusally strong with him, that much is clear. Who was his father?" Qui-Gon inquired. The force was strong with Freya as well, and knew it'd be impossible to track down either of her parents.
"There was no father, that I know of...I carried him, I gave him
birth...I can't explain what happened. Can you help him?" Shmi asked. Qui-Gon shook his head.
"I'm afraid not. Had he been born in the Republic, we would have
identified him early, and he would have become Jedi, no doubt...he has the
way. But it's too late for him now, he's too old." He said sadly. Shmi looked down and sighed.
"That girl, Freya...Anakin seems to have a close bond with her." Shmi noticed. Qui-Gon chuckled and nodded.
"I've noticed that. I've only heard about it in stories, a force bond. Freya is strong with the force as well, but she is entirely too old." Freya was very small. And sadly, her white hair made her stand out so much, Qui-Gon hoped no one noticed her.
"Anakin told me she was a slave as well." Shmi said.
"She was. The Queen of Zygerria owned her. Queen Amidala found her when she was only a child and saved her. She's indebted to her for life." Qui-Gon said. Shmi scoffed and looked away.
"She traded one slave life for another."