XIII

Janes pov
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion. Except for fear, maybe. Because this lack of integration is precisely what mental illness is about. To lose contact with yourself. Everyone looks at me like I'm a monster, so aren't I one?

A scream fills my ears, deafening me. No one turned to see what was happening, to see what the source of the screaming was because it was so normal. I watched as the girl lost consciousness and the silence returned.

All I can think is, this doesn't happen. This isn't supposed to happen. People aren't supposed to be forgotten like this. I can't be abandoned like this. I scream, but no one hears me. I scream, and yet, my mouth stays shut.

I have no one to speak to. All the other patients have already drowned in their own minds, so I can't save myself by drowning in someone elses. My thoughts are my only company, and they're not very nice.

My dad visited me today, briefly. Just to tell me that the press wouldn't know. That my–his image wouldn't be tarnished. But he told me he missed me, too. That he could try to let this only be temporary.

Schizophrenia; A disorder that affects a persons ability to think, feel and behave clearly. A breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation

That's what they say I have. The worst part is? They could be right.

~~~~
I know this a short chapter but I felt it necessary 😭, I hope u liked the two chapters!! Sorry if there's too much plot in them :) lmk what u think!! Don't forget to vote and comment <3