{4} Prom Night... mare,

Prom.

A party full of teenagers secretly drinking whilst dancing too loud obnoxious music, whilst the popular boys and girls wait in anticipation on which lucky pair are going to be crowned king and queen. God why did he ever agree to go to prom.

Deep down, he knew exactly why he came.

Dean Winchester, Dean Fricking Winchester is exactly why Liam had decided to attend prom this year.

He sighs, what a foolish laps in judgement from his part. He's sat at the table all alone, sure dean brought him to prom but he's gone off to dance with all of his friends and with girls all around him, god he should have know this would happen. Why wouldn't it. Dean Winchester is up for prom king after all.

Liam stares at the ground, tear's welling up in his eyes. who knew prom would be so lonely? This is nothing like he imagined, but what else could he expect. Dean is his best friend, nothing could ever happen right?

But that's not what dean had said last night.

Liam mind wanders from the crowded hall full of teenagers, to the comfort of laying in the safety of Deans arms at midnight, cuddled into his chest after a bad dream. No one knew they did this, No one could ever know.

"Hey, Liam? Are you listening to me?"

He looks up, finding the familiar green eyes staring softly into his own. He lets out a slightly shaky breath, wiping his eye's hoping dean wouldn't see the tears but it was too late for that.

"hey are you okay?" he asks, sitting down next to him. "Yeah.. yeah I'm fine. You know me, I just don't like party's." Liam mutters looking back down, "Don't do that, don't brush it off. You're upset tell me." His voice softens, god how Liam love's it when his voice softens.

Liam opens his mouth to answer, but before he can utter a word. The head teacher steps on stage, the crowd go quiet. They all know what's about to happen. They are finally going to know who prom king and queen are. Not that this interests Liam what so ever, yet it seemed to peak Deans as he was quick to remove his arm from around Liam's shoulder and stood up, he misses the touch already.

"And now for the moment you've all been waiting for," The crowd of teenagers cheer "The votes have been cast and counted." The headteacher announces with a smile. Then continues, beginning to do a small drum roll on her legs, " Ladies and gentlemen, Our prom king is..."

everyone waits in anticipation,

"Dean Winchester!" the room erupts into cheers, they all love him. Liam can't blame them. 

Dean looks over to Liam, with a joyful smile spreading across his face. Gosh what a gorgeous smile. But before Liam gets the chance to congratulate him, Dean's friends crowd a round shoving him towards the stage. The headteacher clears their throat continuing "And our prom queen is..." the crowd begins to do a drum roll as the head teacher opens the envelope which contains the name of the lucky lady that's about to get dance with dean. His Dean...

However, They watch as the teachers joyful expression twists into one of confusion, and askes to confirm wither or not this was correct, "surely this could not be right" but the one who handed her the envelope nodded, she cringes slightly looking back out at the crowd. Dreading the words that are about to leave her lips,

"Our prom queen is.. Liam turner."

The room instantly fell silent, everyone looked around at each other all questioning how this had happened. How the hell is this possible. Liam wished the ground could swallow him up right now. There were so many eyes all. On. Him.

People are whispering, Whispering about him. God he hates prom.

He squeezes his eyes shut, holding back the tears of embarrassment. His mind races, unable to find a safe enough space. Not even the thought of cuddling into Dean Winchesters chest as he tells him how much he loves him, could calm him in this very moment, what the fuck was he meant to do.

Liam shakily gets up, his intent being running away, far far away from this hell hole. However, a hand gently catch's his own pulling him back as soft words fill the air around him, "Liam... hey, hey look at me" it's dean, of course its dean. Who else would it have been.

Liam stares back at him, his eyes filled with tear. Deans stood there, tiara in hand. With a slight smile on his face. "how about we swap?" he says softly as Liam looks back at him with confusion written across his face. "I think this tiara will look so much better on me than you, no offence."

Liam chuckles slightly wiping his eyes shakily as dean takes the plastic crown off his head replacing it with the tiara. "There, prom queen Dean Winchester and prom king Liam Turner... What do you say?" Dean announces gently, hold out the crown in hopes Liam will take it. He inches over slowly, cautious of everyone watching. He takes the crown from Dean his hands still trembling as he places it on his head.

"Now that that's settled... Can I interest you in a dance?" Dean asks, stretching out his hand for Liam to take, Smiling at softly. Liam stares back at him stunned "I... are you being serious?" He mutters nervously.

Dean gently takes Liam's hand "Of course, I'm being serious," "I just.. there's so many people," "ignore them." Dean says softly, pulling Liam thru the crowd slowly on to the dance floor, right into the middle.

Liam looks around nervously "are you sure about this?"

Dean nods, smiling back at him softly pulling Liam closer to dance. "Look, if anyone says anything I'll punch them... how does that sound?" He jokes as they begin to sway.

Liam laughs a little, resting his head on deans shoulder as he does so, relaxing slightly. Oh how he love's dean.

"Hey," Dean whispers into his ear, "Remember what we were talking about last night" He asks, Liam nods slightly cuddling his face into dean's neck as everyone watches in awe. "Look at me for a minute," There's silence "Li, please" Dean's voice is low, soft enough for only Liam to hear.

Liam lifts his head nervously, staring into Dean Winchesters gorgeous green eyes. Nothing could have prepared him for the words that were about to leave his mouth.     "can I kiss you? ...Or is that against the rules." Dean askes softly, stunning Liam. This can't be real, he'll wake up any moment, he has too. There's no way this is happening.

Liam stumbles over his word, trying to answer. It takes him a couple painful seconds force the right words out "fuck the rules, am I right?"

The crowd gasps as Dean kisses Liam as they dance, nobody could have prepared them for this but it certainly had become one hell of a night to remember.

The end.