55) Rope

I couldn't help the unmistakable quiver in my voice as I answered in the only way that seemed right. "Yes, Mistress," came my shaky reply.

  I don't think my nerves have ever been this shot.

"Back to the middle of the room, Sunshine," Mistress ordered curtly before standing from her place on the bed.

That nickname hasn't sounded so cold on my ears in a long time.

I forced the instinct to hesitate and question out of my bones and made my way to the middle of the floor. Keeping my eyes obediently trained on the floor, I clasped my hands tight behind my back to keep them from trembling.

  While I kneeled with my posture in mind, I heard deep creaking coming from behind me.

  The trunk at the end of her bed.

  I learned recently that it holds all kinds of kinky goodies, but I know we've only scratched the surface. There's no telling what else she has in there. The fact that she is opening it now makes me inclined to believe that I wouldn't describe everything found in there as a "goodie."

"Do you remember that rope harness I put you in a few days ago, Sunshine?" I heard her distracted voice from behind me.

The heavy lid to the trunk slammed shut.

I swallowed thickly with a flinch.

"Yes, Mistress," I whispered dutifully.

I then felt something rough being run gently along my back.

My nose twitched. A telltale sign — as we've found — that I am not enjoying a sensation.

Even the light, brief touch felt itchy and made my skin crawl.

"Did you enjoy that scene?" She asked smoothly.

I thought back to when she tied me into the harness, and almost got wet just thinking about it. Almost. The current circumstances are obviously enough to stop my arousal dead in its tracks.

"Yes, Mistress," I answered honestly.

Something tells me those are going to be the magic words for tonight.

Another scrape from the mystery object behind me made me tense — tenser than I already was. With the new context though, it feels oddly similar to coiled up rope. Thick, scratchy, uncomfortable rope.

I'm starting to get a clue about where this is going.

And I do not like it.

. . . I guess that is the point, though.

"Well. . ." She slowly rounded my body to give me my first real view of her and her tool of choice for my punishment.

It's a bright red, distressed looking coil of rope that does not look very pleasant to have pressed against the skin.

From the brief tastes I've gotten, I already know it's not.

And she's talking about a harness. . .

  "With rope made of cotton or hemp, body harnesses can be a fun and arousing way to play with your partner, as you know." She spoke so assuredly, playing absently with the cords in her hands. "But with something more like this," she reached down to run the rough fabric down the curves of my chest.

  My nose twitched.

  Her face stayed stone cold and unreadable as she stood back to her full height. "It's a lot more suitable for punishments."