C H A P T E R 1

ACE'S POV

Staring at the night sky while everyone is busy minding their business, mostly my parents or should I still call them my parents?

They doesn't care about me anyways. Ni hindi nga nila maibigay ang mga pangangailangan ko. Madalas sila lola at tita pa ang nag bibigay ng mga pangangailangan ko. If I'm sick, they will be the one who will took care of me kung hindi man sila eh yung head maid ng mansyon namin. Si Nanay Gloria or Nanay Ria as we call her.

I'm here at our balcony sa third floor. Feeling the cold air that's hitting my face while wearing my tuxedo. My so called parents throw a party again in our mansion. I don't really know the reason why but all I know is it is about their business again.

Maybe you think that being born rich will make you so happy and lucky at the same time. But me? I'm not. I'm not happy about it.

How can I feel happy and lucky about it if my own family doesn't really look at me as their own child.
Like their blood doesn't run in my veins.

If I feel unlucky kabaliktaran naman iyon sa kapatid ko. She feels like she's a princess of this house. She always get what she want mostly the care of my parents that I always wanted.

They took care of her when she's sick, they give her the attention that she needs, they celebrate every little achievement's that she got, they took her out even though she is only got zero in her exams. She's the favorite child, the lucky charm of the family, the one who always they priorities, the perfect one. The perfect Perez for them.

While me, I always do good at school. I always perfect my exams, quizzes and other activities. I never get into any fight. I always do things on my own then they will still call me ungrateful, a spoiled brat, an attention seeker, the child who they wish that they just aborted.

They said that at the age of 5, I already have a matured mind and I'm taller than the other kid's around my age. Making it look like I'm not a Five year old. I don't know why, some of them told me that I'm gifted. Not to brag or anything but I'm good at sports, drawing,painting, singing and dancing. Yung Math na pinaka ayaw nila na subject eh favorite ko pa.

I hear some footsteps coming to my way and from the scent I smell, the way she walks, I know it was my grandmother.

" Hijo, andito ka lang pala. Halika sa baba at kumain na tayo. Hindi ka pa kumakain simula kaninang tanghalian"

How I wish for her to be my real mother. Sya lang ang may alam na hindi pa ako kumakain simula kaninang tanghalian.

I don't feel like eating anyway that's why I skipped Two meals earlier.

I didn't respond to her. Not because I disrespect her but because I just feel like not to. Sanay naman na din sila na tahimik lang talaga ako.

I hold my lola's hand and make our way to the kitchen. I don't exactly know how old she really is, she doesn't want to tell us. But despite of that, she still looks young. She look like she is just in her mid 40's.

The party was held in our garden and our pool. I can hear the loud music banging through my ears even though we're still far away to the backdoor.

It's so annoying. I always hate loud noises. Maybe lola notice the irritation in my face that's why she answered the question that just keep going through my head.

" Don't worry apo, malapit na matapos ang party. Mag aalas-tres naman na."

Mahinahon nitong saad sa akin. Saka ako inalalayan sa upuan, sinandukan din ako nito ng pag kain at ulam. Which is my mom can never do to me.