C H A P T E R 3

ACE POV

Living in a toxic family is not really easy. All they will do is to control you like you are not their child but as their toy. They won't care about you, they will let you do what you want in your life even if it means danger. They won't show any concern for your feeling's, needs or rights.

They will call you names. They always have to be right. When they talk about something you should not interrupt them because they will call you disrespectful and shameless, even if you just want to explain your side.

They will not take responsibility for their actions and will blame others for their mistakes or flaws.

Sabi nila pag nag aaway daw ang mga magulang ay wag daw itong ipapakita sa bata. Bakit? Because it can cause Insecurity. Fighting undermines kids’ sense of security about the stability of the family. Children exposed to a lot of fighting may worry about divorce or wonder when one parent’s silent treatment is going to end. It can make it difficult for them to have a sense of normalcy in the family since fights may be unpredictable.

It can affect the parent-child relationship. High-conflict situations are stressful for parents too. And a stressed-out parent might not spend a lot of time with kids. In addition, the quality of the relationship may be affected as it may be difficult for parents to show warmth and affection when they’re angry and upset with the other parent.

It can create a stressful environment. Overhearing frequent or intense fighting is stressful for kids. Stress can take a toll on their physical and psychological well-being and interfere with normal, healthy development.

If arguments happen frequently or they are hostile, physical, aggressive, or include stonewalling, silent treatment, or insults, it can definitely be harmful to children. Children who are exposed to this type of conflict will often become anxious, distressed, sad, angry, and depressed.

And that's the thing that they will never understand. Katulad nalang ngayon, they are fighting again in their room with the door wide open and with Alisha looking at them with teary eyes.

Ayokong makita ni Alisha ang mga magulang nya sa gantong sitwasyon. Ayokong mag alala sya tungkol sa mga gantong bagay.

Lumapit ako sa kanya saka hinawakan ang kanyang kamay, naka tingin pa din sya sa kanila habang lumuluha.

“Alisha, let's go” I told her quietly but I think they still heard me.

Hoyy bata ka! Saan mo dadalhin yang kapatid mo ha?!” agad na sigaw nila sa akin. I immediately covered Alisha's ear with my hands for her atleast not to hear the things that they will about to say. Pinaharap ko din sya sa akin para di nya makita ang mga magulang namin sa ganitong sitwasyon.

Hindi ako sumagot sa tanong nila dahil pag once na sumagot ako, siguradong ako pa din ang mali. Magiging bastos nanaman ako sa paningin nila.

Pero pag hindi naman ako sumagot, ganon pa din naman. Bastos pa din ako kasi hindi ko sinagot ang tanong nila.

It's kind of like Toxic Filipino Culture. Children don't have the oppurtunity to explain their side kasi kung magpapaliwanag ka, wala kang respeto.