Chapter 9

Erza's POV

I had just arrived from my latest mission. I was sitting at the guild like usual, the boys were fighting like usual. But something was off. Something was missing.

"Natsu, come over here now!"

"A-aye" He quickly made his way towards me.

"Natsu, where's Lucy?" Now that I think about it, she haven't been at the guild lately. I hope nothing's happened.

"I don't know. I think she is at her apartment" Weird, she always hangs out at the guild. What if something happened?

"HAPPY! GRAY! NATSU!" The whole guild froze when they heard me scream, But I ignored it. 

"GET YOUR STUPID ASSES MOVING, WHE ARE GOING TO LUCY'S APARTMENT!" As I was making my way out of the guild they quickly followed without a word.

We all walked in silence until we reached our destination. Lucky enough, she had left the door unlocked. We all walked into the living room in silence. Natsu and Gray immediately started arguing about something, just then I heard that Lucy was talking to someone. The boys maybe didn't notice. But I did. And someone was answering her as well, but I couldn't hear what they were saying because of all the noise so I turned around and knocked the boys out. Then I heard footsteps approaching, I assume it is Lucy. But when she came into the room, she froze. She is hiding something. I just know it.

"Yo, Luce" Gray greeted.

"H-hi, guys" She fake-smiled, now I know for sure. Something's not right.

Lucy's POV

Erza was looking at me suspiciously, she knew that something was of.

"So, Lucy. You look down, is there something wrong?"

"Well yeah, actually. I think you could call it boy problems" She shot a glare in Natsu's direction and then looked at me again.

"Well then. Natsu! Gray! Happy! Leave, we are going to discuss some girl-related stuff" All of them hurried to the window and jumped out in full speed. The first couple of minutes were quiet, until Erza spoke up.

"So, what is it? I can tell it's not just boy problems. It's something else" Well I expected nothing less from the Titania. Why does she have to be so smart? I don't really have a choice, I have to tell her.

"Well, you see. On my last mission I was attacked, and a man saved me. And then I owed him a favor for saving me. So I let him stay here"

"So, who are we talking about"

"I only tell you if you promise not to be angry" At first she didn't looked so convinced but finally agreed.

"He's name is Jackal"

"And?" Here goes. I took a deep breath.

"He's one of the nine demongates of Tartaros"