reconnaissante

I am eternally grateful. I am thankful for the souls that I have met this year. I am thankful for all of the lessons, both good and terrible.

I feel like I have truly found myself through all of my experiences. I am in love with how I have emotionally grown and how resilient I have become. Things have definitely changed, but that is what growth and change do to people.

When I began writing this book, I was lost, confused and filled with pain. I feared change and I did not know how to handle my emotions - in other words, I was all over the place. Moving to a new city made me learn and see new things, but that does not mean that I started off great. I was quite a mess, but I did not want to worry my parents. Imagine how they would have felt if their nineteen year old daughter called them while crying. Most of the times I didn't even know why I was overwhelmed. 

I returned home for a while and realised that I was feeling overwhelmed because I was so used to my parents holding my hand through everything. I needed to learn how to be independent - that meant learning how to keep my finances and academics in order. Slowly but steadily, I regained my stability and began to perform at my peak. 

Until I started catching feelings and that was not cute at all. I understand that heartbreaks are a part of life, but I have had my fair share of them. 

Just to round everything up, my life has been filled of ups and downs. I did not understand them at first, but they made my story worthwhile to read. My existence would be meaningless if I did not learn certain things. I wouldn't be the person that I am now if it weren't for the experiences I've had, therefore I am grateful for every single little thing. 

With love,

Reeya.