#4:A Deal for Life

The carriage ride was bumpy and totally uncomfortable, but the maids were so perfectly still as though they were in the smoothest transport in the world. It was only a twenty minute ride but it seemed as though it was over an hour.

Yes, time is relative.

As the door opened, a maid offered her hand and we stepped down, it was a huge wall. I stood confused, then the maids took my hand and we jumped over it. EASILY. It was supposed to be impossible?!

"Let's go Milady.", They said.

"Yes."

They led me to another familiar place from Elizabeth's memory. The Family study in the main building. It was designed fashionably not the kind which you would expect from this century. It was classy and modern.

"Come in.", a voice said from the room within.

The maids didn't follow me in,

"Hello, Father.", I said.

"Hmm.. Father? Not Marquis?", He said.

"uh.. Yes, Isn't that what I always call you?", I said. I was panicking inside, Did he realize I was an another person?

"Who are you? A lookalike?", He asked.

"I am your daughter, Elizabeth.", I said. It's over, he might know something!

"Huh.. Ok.", He replied strangely, as though he were sleepy. But it did seem as though he accepted it.

"You have been fearless lately, sacrificing your life for a mere count's son!", He suddenly shouted.

"I-I a-apologize.", I stuttered.(His voice caught me off-guard)

"Have you forgotten your deal! I hope you haven't! Your life is in my hands!", he said.

"Yes...father.",

Deal? What Deal? There was no deal in the book! Nor in her memories! Come on!

"Now go back to your room! You have achieved your motive of getting sponsored for the knight selection! I hope you don't disappoint the sponsor.", He said in a cold tone and went back to reading some papers.

"Yes... Father. Have a good night.", I said and the maids led me to my room...

It was a long walk, giving me enough time to think about the conversation before. The Marquis and Elizabeth had a deal? I know I may get the memory of the incident sooner or later. But... Marquis was suspicious of me! I could feel it! He certainly figured out the one before him was not his daughter!....

But, instead of probing further, he just changed the topic.... and he didn't seem suspicious anymore... What could it be? Is he covering up his emotions and wants to catch me off-guard? I soon came in front of a room, the door was decorated with blue roses and red thorns.

It was not a perfect design, it seemed as though it were made by a kid, It had rough edges, the blue roses and the thorns were just a rough but eye-catching painting which covered another design underneath.

I tried to see it, but it just resulted in more head aches. I was tired. I had no time to unlock more memories. I wanted to crash down as fast as I could. The maids all stayed back except the head maid.

I guess it was the habits of Elizabeth, I sub-consciously went to the dressing room, had a bath(again) and changed into a chemise dress, with the help of the maid who was brushing my long brown hair. I was looking into the mirror still unable to accept it.

The maids brushing became slower, I felt dizzier... I was tired. I was about to ask her to stop when suddenly, she pointed a knife, at my throat. It was so sharp, it cut through my skin already, a few drops of blood trickling down and staining the pure white chemise.