The Red Hand

When I was a child, I would have many nightmares that included a red hand. This hand was small, about the size of a light switch. The hand was a very bright blood red color. It wouldn't do much, and I don't think other people saw it in the dreams but I was terrified of it. I knew that if I touched it, or if it touched me, I would die. I also knew that it would move in the dark, which is why I would always keep all the lights on. This hand haunted my dreams for years. One dream specifically, I was in the music room of my house (basically where we store all of our instruments. My family is very musical) and as I was leaving there I was told to turn off the lights in there. For context there is two entrances to the music room, one from the dining room, and one from the hallway. Both have light switches to turn on/off the lights in the music room. Since I was leaving to the hall, logically I would turn off the lights using the switch that was near the hall. But, the red hand was there. I had no other but to turn off the lights using the other light switch near the dining room. As I turned it off, I sprinted to the other side of the room. Unfortunately, the red hand grew in size and covered my whole face and killed me.

And then I woke up. And in real life, I would think I sometimes saw the red hand, waiting for me to make the wrong move. Even to this day, I refuse to use the light switch near the hall.