"Close Call" November 9th, 1980. Entry 2. (REWRITTEN!)

————————————————————————
4:57 AM.

I just woke up from my alarm, it was nearly 5:00 in the morning. When I was looking outside the window I was greeted by a quiet, dark neighbourhood with the morning sky creeping up on the lightish-night sky. stars were still visible at this time, but I shouldn't waste time writing in this book. I should get ready for work. I'll quickly take a shower and put my suit on. I have the strangest feeling, the thing I saw on the news, it's flashing inside my head again.

It's probably nothing.

————————————————————————
5:29 AM

I know I really shouldn't be using this book for my personal vents, but as soon as I came downstairs I saw the emergency alert system on my television set blasting out the two-toned Warning. The text above read in a robotic voice saying "THIS IS NOT A TEST, EVACUATE THE ISLAND IMMEDIATELY!" I was naturally horrified.

I'll come back to this book, I have to get my family ready.

————————————————————————
5:46 AM

I both woke Harry and Julie up from their nap. They were naturally confused but I hoisted them down the stairs. Through breathless pants I told them to pack their things and get to the car. I followed suit and quickly gathered my things in the old suitcase and ran to the car. She had started the car already and I hopped inside the passenger seat.

I have no idea what the bloody hell is happening, but I'm scared shitless

————————————————————————
6:15 AM

We sped along the road. It was rather quiet for some time and just gradually grew with traffic. We nearly got inside a traffic jam on the main highway but luckily we used an old unused road with less traffic. We made a b-line for it and managed to get over there just before a lorry slammed us. Harry is currently wailing in the back seat.

Jesus Christ, That was a close call..

————————————————————————
6:22 AM

We soon reached the big station in the heart of Knapford. It was completely flooded with swarms of terrified people. Trains entered and fled the station faster than I've ever seen before.

We parked our car in the last parking slot left and soon merged with the crowd of civilians. Several military police split the people up into steady lines which entered maybe (8?) express coaches. The railway's express engine, Gordon, was at the front of the consist. From his expression I could tell he was anxious.

————————————————————————
6:35 AM

I can not believe what just happened, I'm so incredibly worried.

I'll try to write out what happened.

Unbeknownst to me, I had lost Harry and Julie in the crowd of maybe 100-ish people. At the time I hadn't realized this and waited en-line. A few moments passed by and then I heard a frantic whistle coming from the Big Engine. He had a shocked expression and was looking outwards to the city. The crowds looked and saw that same red mist creeping over the horizon and towards the station. It wasn't too far away from us and caused the crowd to panic. One after another they started to rush the coaches, trampling one another and stumbling. I could hear Harry's cries throughout the crowd but it was drowned out by the sound of people groaning, screaming and crying. The crowd pushed me into one of the coaches and I tried to scream after Harry. Soon came the gunshots from the MP Officers, and then the Coach doors slamming shut with me inside.

Several people tried to enter the coaches but were soon gunned down by the desperate MPs also trying to get inside. So many were inside and yet so many more were on the outside. As soon as this chaos happened it stopped as Gordon moved the heavy train away from the station. Leaving the stragglers to fall off the platform and chase after the last train only for them to disappear in the mist. Soon the screams ceased from Knapford. I just pray for Julie's and Harry's safety, I just need help.

I'll update this log if anything happens.

I need a break, I just don't know what to do.