"Sabotage" November 13th, 1980 Entry 7.

It turns out I was unsurprisingly right. Things did not get better. Not at all. . .

The heat and noise from the steelworks kept us up all night and we barely had any amount of sleep. Harry and Bert did get some sleep, I guess they are used to this type of environment. Oliver got hit the hardest as he looked completely pale and petrified even after getting zero sleep. Damn, I guess the memories of nearly getting scrapped had gotten to him as he was pretty snappy towards Harry and Herbert. At one point throughout the day they even got in a scuffle causing Oliver to come off the rails. His Bufferbeam was slightly damaged, nothing too serious though. The twins begrudgingly pulled him back into the rails and that was that. Oliver kept to himself in a rather secluded siding afterwards.

12:49 AM; Most of the remaining men kept to themselves by playing charades in the brake coach of Oliver's consist. Some tried to find away out while most men just stared blankly at a small window, looking at nothing but the forever going mist. As I am trying to keep my head screwed on, I'll take a nap to pass the time.

. . . That is if Oliver and the twins don't fight.

3:59 AM;

Man, that was the first good nap I had in a while! It is a shame we barely took any supplies with us, some of the men are starting to get hungry and unruly.

As luck would show its behind we found a employees break room! There wasn't many food items in there but luckily there was enough to satisfy 2/3rds of us. We ate luncheon and then most of the men returned to their busy east of crowding any windows in this forsaken place. I'll update this journal if anything happens, but for now I'll leave it for here.

9:23 PM;

My game of cards was interrupted by the sound of loud jeering and shouts. I sprung up from my chair to see what was causing all of this commotion. -It's with that damned window again! I asked one of the workmen " What is it this time?" He replied with of  "That red Fog -or mist.. has started to lift, how vunderful!" I would look out the window myself to see if these accusations were true and they sure were! Just as I looked outside the fog dissipated into thin air. I cheered to myself but that was soon stopped by the sound of a yell, and then a loud, hard, and wet thud hitting the concrete floor of the smelters. I looked up at the catwalks above, and then at the ground below. I was horrified to soon identify the body as the Mr Perths, My old neighbor. I guess he couldn't take the guilt of leaving Bulgy behind to die.. He was a good man, I really good one too! I couldn't help but to shed some tears. Most of the men were in shock by the sight of Richards mangled corpse. One of the men even threw up in a nearby trash bin, Dizzy, sad, and sick, just went beside the break-coach and just sat there, contemplating why this is happening? What did we do to god? Answer?; Nothing

At this point I couldn't take it anymore. As the group were distracted by the death of Richard I would sneak into the break-coach and steal a backpack, flashlight, some bottled water and a left over sandwich from the break room. Luckily no one had spotted me as I snuck out through the back door. The cold ocean air immediately stinging my skin. I took one final look at the group within before I closed the door. The environment that surrounded me was no longer Sodor, but a more grey, desolate wasteland filled with dead trees, Dead plantation and a good mix of the smell of rotten animal carcasses. The atmosphere looked severely saturated along with the feeling of a cold chill. Eventually I gathered up my courage and set off into the nightish-dusk. With no destination but to get away from all of this. I should've taken the ship, shouldn't I?

10:32 PM;

I've made good progress so far. I stopped and sat down at the trunk of a uprooted tree and opened the bag. It contained nothing but a singular map of the railway. -Taken in what was left of the environment and the surrounding infrastructure I could tell it was nearing Kellsthorpe Road. Once I had catch my break from the hike, I continued on my way.