Chapter XXXII | New Homescreen

Max was in a good mood.  Singing to one of his favorite musicals while in the shower, giving the whole performance for the containers of soap.  He gave it his all as if he were home alone and singing as if no one could hear him, but it was cut short when the shampoo bottle fell right on his foot.

It was supposed to be a quick and relaxing shower, however, he ended up injuring his toe in the process, not to mention the cherry on the cake or sundae or whatever the hell he wanted to put cherries on, but he also got soap in not one but both of his eyes.

He was pretty sure all of the neighbors hated him at this point.  He screamed out whatever curse words that came to mind.  It sounded more like a casual conversation with Bexon or even Hadley.

Max got out soon after that, without singing he quickly dried off and changed into his clothes.  Okay, so his morning wasn't starting off as he had planned.  He ignored his mood as he walked out to the kitchen where his boyfriend was making some kind of soup that Max was pretty sure was what Elysium smelled like.

"What the fuck happened to you?" Bexon asked, not looking up from his task.

"I don't want to talk about it," Max muttered.  His eyes still burned and his toe was marked red where the container landed on it.

Max watched as his boyfriend turned to face him with an expression Max couldn't really read or maybe he was too tired to overthink it like he typically did.  Bexon brushed a small bit of hair out of Max's face.  His thumb brushed over the side of Max's face, the man still seemed shocked by the fact Max had freckles.

It made the blond grin remembering the night Bexon first realized it.  It was kinda funny how much things have changed since then.  It was barely three weeks since then and it kinda shocked Max how much changed in a short amount of time.

Then Bexon slapped him.

It was more of a pat on the cheek rather than a slap, but Max thought it sounded better and a bit more dramatic, plus it did kinda hurt.

"What the hell was that for?" Max asked, rubbing the side of his face.

"You know what that was for," Bexon muttered before leaning in and kissing Max's cheek.  "You're not the one the neighbors complain to."

Max knew he was right.  It probably wasn't the time to clue Bexon in on the fact some of the windows were open making it much easier for Max's loud cursing message to become the talk of the neighborhood.  He just hoped somehow not too many people actually heard him.  Even if he knew the walls were always thinner than you thought, at least in his experiences when he lived in the dorms his first year.

Today was just an off day where everything Max normally liked doing seemed like a chore.  Max had a few books he wanted to finish before the end of his summer break, he wanted to go for a run, and relax before heading off to work later.

However, nothing seemed all that appealing to him, doing nothing felt tiring even.  Max tried to push past his mood as he followed his boyfriend to the living room.  Bexon was sitting cross-legged on the floor, he was typing away on his computer and Max was content with watching him work.

"You should take a picture, Moore.  It will last longer," Bexon commented without looking up.

"Maybe I will," Max laughed.

He patted his pockets for his phone and without hesitation, he took a picture of Bexon and then a few more before the dark-haired man looked up with a glare.

"Give me the phone," Bexon demanded.

Max only grinned as he ran to the front door and outside.  Max was not going to give him time to trick him into giving him the phone.  Random curses were yelled from his boyfriend who was rushing after him.