The Outsiders

Warnings: Cussing; harassment

September 15 | Saturday | 8:38 AM

She woke up to the sound of the phone on her nightstand ringing. She groaned in annoyance of being woken up. She pulled the blankets over her head, hoping someone else will pick it up soon.

But to her dismay, right as it had stopped. Her mom called for her. "Y/N, it's for you. Pick it up."

Suspecting it was one of her friends wanting to bother her. She picked it up and in a sharp tone asked "What-"

"Is this a bad time- I can call back later." Michael said on the other line.

"Yeah it is a bad time." she quickly replied, sitting up. "Why are you up so early on the weekend anyway?"

"My dad makes us get up at eight, sorry I didn't think you'd be sleeping." He apologized. "But have you thought about it? The movie date I mean."

She rubbed her face, he really wasn't going to give this up. "What movie and what time?"

"The Outsiders at the drive-in theater. It starts at six but I'd pick you up at five-thirty." He stated, he'd be lying if he said his heart wasn't pounding excitedly. She was finally going out with him.

She should have known that he would take her to see that movie, when he looks like a character right out of it. "Of course-" she mumbled, half to herself.

"What did you say?" He asked, worriedly. Thinking she didn't hear his plans. "I couldn't hear you."

"Oh nothing!" She quickly said not realizing she said that out loud. "Let me wake up more and ask my parents. I'll call you back in an hour." She told him, just so she could lie later on about how her parents said no.

She hung up and got out of bed to go make herself some breakfast. She was hoping to be left alone after being woken up so early, but peacefulness could only last so long in that house.

"So why was that British boy calling you at eight-thirty in the morning?" Her mom asked her the second she ascended the stairs.

Her dad overheard the conversation "A boy? Who is he?"

She groaned at their questions "He's just some boy at school that wants to go see a movie. I'm going to say no."

"What why? I think it would be good to get out for a bit!" Her mom gave her a sad look.

"I hate to say it Y/N, but your mother is right. You should get out more."

"Not you too dad!" she exclaimed. She thought about it a moment more, waying out the pros and cons. Pro: she has a good time and goes on her first date. Con: It's just a trick and she gets laughed at.

"Wow Y/N someone wants to go on a date with you?" her fourteen year old brother, Erik, ran down the stairs screaming. "I'm surprised!"

"Shut up! I don't see you attracting any girls either." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"But you should go! I think it'd be good for you." He agreed with their parents quickly after his mother gave him a hard stare.

"Why does everyone want me to go on this date except me?" She was annoyed.

Erik looked at her confused. "Why do you not want to go?"

"Well Michael is kind of a bully, and I don't want this to turn out as a joke that I'm the center of." She admitted her worries. She didn't want to head to the movies only to see Michael and the other goons.