Babysitting

Warnings: cussing

October 5 | Friday | 7:00 AM

The news of the notorious Micheal Afton dating a straight A, theater kid spread around fast. No thanks to Michael telling almost everyone he came in contact with. Y/N should've known this was coming, but it was her fault for not mentioning she wanted to keep things a bit more private.

When she went to school on the monday after their second date, she slowly noticed more and more people looking her way throughout the day. Some eyes were full of jealousy, some other curiosity, mostly confusion. When she asked Michael who he told, all he could do was laugh awkwardly, chuckle and rub the back of his neck, not knowing the exact number.

While most people just looked on from a distance, some people were brave enough to speak up. The most common question that was asked was- "Are you and Michael really dating?" Meant as a genuine question but it always comes off as an insult. Some people, mostly girls, would tell her- "He's only using you to get a good grade, y'know?"

While it was all very discouraging for Y/N, she had Michael right there, confidently reassuring her by saying "They're just jealous that I have such an amazing girlfriend, and they know they can never live up to it." Most times, he'd swing his arm around her and give her a big kiss on the cheek afterwards. His physical affection was growing by the day.

Y/N's goal was just to get through the week. Focus on classes, ignore the stare's, and everything will hopefully calm down a bit by next week. Only one day left until the weekend. Her mother had just dropped off her and Erik off for school. It didn't take Michael too long to find and berate her.

"Good morning my gorgeous girlfriend." He walked up next to her, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"You are way too energetic." She replied tiredly. She turned to him with a slight smile, "But good morning."

Just then, Malissa Miller, walked by with her posse, scoffing at the two loud enough for them to hear. Michael just glared in disgust. "Bitch" He mumbled. "I don't know why she's scoffing. She's literally in a relationship."

"Whatever." Y/N mumbled, starting to head towards her next class.

Michael was worried that this type of thing would cause Y/N to get fed up with him and break it off. "Hey, I'm sorry." He caught up to her. He wanted to apologize for telling nearly everyone.

"It's not your fault. I just don't understand why people can't mind their own business." She huffed irritably Michael winced slightly, feeling like he contributed to her annoyance.

He still felt at fault because she's taking most of the criticism over something that wasn't her fault. He should've just kept his mouth shut. "So what are you doing over the weekend?"

"Nothing really." She turned over to him. "What about you? Would you want to hang out?"

He sighed, obviously annoyed. "I would love to, but my dad is dragging me to another state to pick up something he bought."

"Well at least you're leaving town for the weekend." She tried to come up with some positives to make him feel better. "That should be fun!"

"Yeah, in the car with my dad for hours. So much fun." He replied sarcastically.Y/N wasn't sure the type of relationship he had with his dad. But she assumed it wasn't so great seeing how he was around his father.

"Well-" She was trying to find the right words to say. "I hope you at least find some sort of entertainment." The five minute warning bell rang, signaling they needed to get to class.