saying our goodbyes

"How's everything going? Are you girls both okay?"

"We're perfectly fine! She told me everything about living in Australia over breakfast. She is just the sweetest little girl. Oh Brad she called me mum for the first time this morning. I'm just ecstatic that she feels comfortable enough around me already."

"Who wouldn't be Jen? You are the warmest and most welcoming person I know. And the sweetest, Leilani clearly takes after her mother" My cheeks fill with pigment. No matter how much he says that to me I know how much he means it every time.

"Oh, Brad stop it" I say through a smile whilst sighing and shaking my head but secretly loving the praise I am getting from him.

"Never, Jen she all is you in absolutely every aspect." I smile at his sweet words until I hear him say something that I have not heard in over 13 years. Something that makes my heart drop "My little Jennifer."

"Your dream come true."

"Our dream come true."

"Okay, so I'll help you unpack and then we can meet James and Sophia at the airport to say goodbye to them. How does that sound?" I say whilst we lay her suitcases on the floor, opening them and starting to unpack with her.

"Oh, are they leaving already?"

"Unfortunately they are. Before you guys came over here they told me that they can only stay for a day or two because of work! I'm sorry honey"

"Oh okay I see" She pauses looking like she is holding back tears "I guess I have to get used to being here without them and with my real family" She said walking back from the chest of draws to her suitcase on the floor

"Honey, come here" She sits down on the floor in front of me before I grab both her hands.

"They are also your family! I never want you to forget that! They raised you for 13 years and just because I am your Biological mother and Brad is your Biological father that doesn't mean that Sophia and James aren't parental figures to you. They are a big part of your life and I don't want you to think that we are going to take them away from you. They are welcome to come anytime they like and we can even go down there as well if you like! How does that sound?"

"That sounds amazing, Thank you mum" She said pulling me for a hug

At the airport - Leilani's pov

Jen and I arrive at the airport, Private of course. None of us is ready for what the media will say just yet. We met my "parents" there as they drove there from their hotel. The original plan was for them to stay at Jen's house while being here but they thought it would be better for us to get to know each other if they weren't around.

"Are you guys gonna come and visit?" I asked feeling nervous about them leaving. Not because I don't trust Jen or anything like that but because this is a big change that has happened in a very short amount of time. I understand that Jennifer is my real mother but I've only just met her and after knowing her as a celebrity for so long I'm still nervous around her.

"Of course sweetheart, We will come whenever we can! Only...Only if it's okay with you Jen?" Sophia says looking at Jen with hope in her eyes. I can see that this is just as hard on me as it is on both Sophia and James as they have raised me from a few months old.

"Of course, it's okay with me! Oh my gosh, I would never want to break this beautiful bond you all have together! Don't forget you guys are good friends of Brad and mine as well! Come anytime!" She says letting out a laugh trying to stop the tears falling from her eyes while pulling them both in for hugs.

"Come here Leilani" James says bending down just a little to be the perfect height for the perfect hug. Then repeating the same perfect hug with Sophia.

"I'm gonna miss you guys. Thank you for everything. I love you both so much" I said through tears. Don't get me wrong I am so excited about my new life with Jennifer as my mother but it's hard saying goodbye to the people that raised you.

We watch as they board the plane, Tears streaming down my cheeks while Jen gives me the most comforting hug I've ever had.

"Come on let's go home! We can get some dinner and watch movies all night long!"

"Sounds perfect!"