an innocent kiss

A week later

"Hey, so what's the deal with school? Am I currently enrolled anywhere?" Leilani asks me as we are on the way to dinner at Courts house. One of our weekly rituals we've been doing for a few years now. A good way for all of us to catch up with our busy schedules.

"Well I don't currently have you enrolled anywhere but I was thinking that you might like the idea of going to the same school at Coco. I think it would be best for you as you don't know anyone your age over here, as well as Coco being one of the only ones who know about our secret. How does that sound?"I ask looking at her while giving her a smile.

"Yeah, I would actually like that! Coco has already said she'll introduce me to her friends so I'm not so alone here! So yeah that would be great!"

"Great! We can talk about it with her and Court tonight!" I say as we are walking up the front door of Courteney's house, Her house key in hand.

"Hi, Honey! How are you?" Court asks going in for a hug after Leilani and I walked through the door. 

"I'm good babe! And you?"

"I'm good! Hey Leilani, How are you doing?" She asked while Leilani hands me the bowl of salad she is holding before giving Court a hug. "I'm good, thank you!"

"Coco's upstairs in her room if you would like to go up?" Courteney says as we all walk into the kitchen with the food Leilani and I have prepared for tonight.

"Of course! I'll just say hi to everyone first!" She walks off to say hello to the girls who are all crowded around the island bench.

"I know I say this a lot but she is so respectful Jen! Very mature for her age it's insane. Obviously in a good way!"

"I know I can't believe it. Sofia and James did an amazing job at raising her! I hope I can continue with what they have started."

"Honey, you'll do an amazing job! Plus you have all of us here if ever you need anything! And Brad! Speaking of, How's he taking all of this?" She asks courteously.

"Oh, he's taking it great! I say giving her a wink before greeting all the girls in the kitchen.

The girls and I are all gathered around the kitchen island while waiting for the last tray of food in the oven to finish. A normal conversation about work and life is all that is being brought up at the moment until I start getting asked questions.

"So how's everything going with Leilani, Jen?" Kristen asks me after taking a sip of her wine.

"Yeah good! You guys know how worried I was about us not getting along or it being awkward or something but it's nothing like that at all! It's like we've known each other this whole time, not even the slightest bit awkward. Plus she is one of the most the sweetest and kindest kids I have ever met. So yeah it's going pretty well!" Thinking about the lag few weeks that we have been in each other's lives, The weeks that have made me realise how quick and easy it is to love somebody.

"It's so good to hear, Jen! You sound super happy to have her back in your life! How did Brad take it?" Uh oh. The mention of his name made my heart drop as the last memory I have of him was dinner last week, The moment we shared in the kitchen playing on my mind ever since.

"He took it pretty well actually! He's offered to help out wherever he can, persistent to actually" I scoff at the last part thinking about our encounters over the past few weeks.

"And you didn't believe us when we told you he would be happy to help!" Amanda says while taking a carrot from the cheese board that had been prepared earlier.

"I know, I know. He's just got a lot going on right now and he's acting like he can drop everything to be there for us. Which I appreciate very much but I can't make him do that. You know?"

Back to you On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara